Author Thread: Deceived Intruder
Admin

Deceived Intruder
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 02:28 PM

The other day, a Bible study I lead met at a local Starbucks; and I've been hoping that people around us would take interest and join us. Yesterday my prayer was answered, and I'm increasingly convinced that I dropped the ball.

The man was significantly older and seemed lonely but also ready to be welcomed if we lived up to our side of the bargain (which is to say, being Christlike).

Throughout the Bible study the man mixed pieces of Christianity, pieces of the Charismatic movement, and pieces of new aged spiritualism together. The result was that even the other two in the Bible study were concerned for the man.

Several times I calmly outspoke him to let him know that the sentiments he was uttering were either not based in the Scriptures or were in opposition to them. He took the rebuke well, and thankfully it didn't detour him from trying to participate.

However, by the end, the thing I felt convicted of was that I was so ready to accept him as a long lost brother, I failed to directly witness to him. Obviously, I can't know the man's heart. So, I'm asking you to join me in praying for this man that the Lord would rebuke the lies in his life and the the Lord would grant to him repentance, salvation, and fellowship.

Yours in Christ,

Mike

View Profile
History
Deceived Intruder
Posted : 14 Jul, 2009 04:21 PM

dear bush, will do.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Deceived Intruder
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 12:34 PM

DEAR LORD, MAY THE MAN WHICH BROTHER BUSH HAS MENTIONED, EXCEPT YOU AS HIS PERSONAL LORD AND SAVIOUR, MAY HIS ACTIONS THAT FOLLOW, REPRESENT U. AMEN

View Profile
History
Deceived Intruder
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 04:51 AM

will do my brother

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Deceived Intruder
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 08:03 AM

dear bush man, also dont beat yourself up so bad.. remember JESUS didnt convert them all when HE was here.

just take that lesson you learned and remember it from now on.. i think we all can look back at a time when we missed out and forgot to ask the right question at the right time.. you planted some seeds in this mans mind. you may never know what become of them.. as someone else may be used to come water them..or you may see him again.. so just dont be too hard with yourself..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Deceived Intruder
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 12:18 PM

I agree Ole Cattle.

Janet