Author Thread: Prayer for Today
vkjewell

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 03:07 PM

Thank you, indeed, Jesus for restoring Neil's health and for restoring the health of so many others we are praying for this week so that they may be fit enough to share you with others who are lying "half dead" on the side of the road, who are lost to the flesh and to the idols of the world, and who are suffering unimaginably at the hands of those who hate your name. Thank you as you richly bless the young people of The Rock who are right now ministering to your poor today in Denver and bless richly those who are content with little in order to minister to those across our nation and around the world who have even less. Thank you for sending legions of angels to battle the principalities that oppress the families and leaders in our cities.

Thank you for blessing as you know best my church family in Sheridan, for they are precious to you and to me. Please help them remove the little "stickers" from my too many words and too insensitive words that are still stuck in their socks and are causing them pain in their walk today. Reach out in power to your entire saved family; Change and use us all as you desire most for this day. Bring us back together soon to celebrate the small and great victories you have accomplished through our feeble but earnest obedience.

Thank you Jesus for taking each and every prayer from our lips to God's ears with your own

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 03:31 PM

AMEN TO THAT MY SISTER.:prayingm:

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 15 Jul, 2009 04:03 PM

dear jewel, well amen

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 11:43 AM

Hi. I don't know how to start this but I see you seem to the the facilitator here Mr. Cattleman so I will begin here.

I'm having a lot of issues right now (emotional, relationships, family, financial, etc.) Please just pray for peace of mind, discernment, keeping my priorities straight and understanding what God wants me to do next and/or what he is trying to teach me through this time. I don't understand why this is happening and what I'm supposed to be learning from it. I also don't know which way to turn for support.

Thank you for listening.

ian777

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 05:26 PM

Hey Teri,

Praying for you. Ya, troubles and trials will come, eh? You hit the nail on the head on your request, so I pray those things for you - I couldn't put it into better words.

God bless,

Ian

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 16 Jul, 2009 05:34 PM

dear terri, welcome to the forums. and you can turn here .. and i will be prayin for you now..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Prayer for Today
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 05:48 PM

Thanks you guys. You know what? Things got better. :applause: I was having a real pity party and God showed me I had more than I realized. I just have to give it to Him and stop trying to overreact to everything. I must remember that even the disciples ended up killed or dying in prison. God never promised a rose garden just a happy ending. (Isn't that in 3 Matthew Chapter 101, verse 300? :excited:) Anyway, life can turn on a dime and things can look up.

Right now my biggest challenge is overcoming my compulsive overeating. I have been going to AA because they work the same steps as Overeaters Anonymous. For those of you that don't know the programs as spiritually based and one of the steps is believing that a "power greater than ourselves" (of course in my case, God; they've watered it down over the years but the Higher Power is, was and always will be God, they just have gotten more "politically correct". Anyway, I am giving my addiction to eating over to God and working the steps. Please pray I will be obedient and live one day at a time for His glory and take care of the vessel He provided me to live in here on earth. Today is my third day of abstinence (eating sensibly) and my body is screaming "FEED ME TERI! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO EMPTY THAT FRIDGE!" I was told by a friend that it will take about 3 weeks and that will go away. I know I can do this with prayer and faith.

Wow that was a long prayer request! I also praise God for having taken me through 49 years even when I didn't have faith in Him. I was even agnostic at one time because...well...just because...no real good reason. But He has been faithful even when I haven't. So blessed are we! Thank you for listening and praying. You guys are awesome.

:waving: