Author Thread: married friend and his wife? help
Admin

married friend and his wife? help
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 04:34 PM

Ok.. this one hit very close to home as my best friend is male we were NEVER involved beyond friendship.. we seen each other almost daily when he lived in my area and talked several times a day when he moved away for work. He recently got married and I offered to end the contact so to NOT offend his wife. he said NO that his wife has male friends that she both talks to on the phone and emails so he sees NO difference. I did but he said she was OK with our keeping in contact since he does now live on the other side of teh country. I NEVER call him and I have reached out to her in snail mail to try to be her friend as well.

He called tonight to tell he his wife is upset that he is talking to me. I said then do not call me. I do NOT want to cause trouble in a marriage. he said NO he was going to call me because I was his friend long before he knew her and its simply friendship. This does NOT seem right to me.

My question is HOW do I get him to except my feelings on this? he knew as soon as he told me I was upset I think he knew before he told me how I would feel because he said he knows we have talked before about ending the friendship and he always wants to continue it. He calls me almost every day..

I guess I am stressing over this and need guidence. i will pray on it and see but imput would be GREAT as I have never had to end such a close friendship..

GBU

bethany

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 04:56 PM

hi bethany. i was in that situation. well almost. my ex husband and i were friends with another married couple. my ex husband and the guy's wife had an argument about teaching the kids some respect. she has studied psychology and started to tell my ex that he was like ???? (some disorder). well they were friends no more, in which left me and her husband in the middle of it all. we tried to make them forgive and forget, but they wouldn't. so, it came to a point that the guy's wife no longer wanted him to be friends with my ex or me. he said no to his wife because we did nothing wrong to him. but i told him to listen to his wife. she must have been feeling so badly about the whole situation and needed him at her side. i reminded him that they were one flesh. not to allow anything or anyone come between them. she was his priority (aside from God) and that we did not want to cause conflict in their marriage. he agreed. my ex and i said goodbye to him. we never heard from him again.

i hope my experience can help you in some way.

God Bless,

Zoe

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Jul, 2009 05:14 PM

dear shy, that is a rough one. but theres only one right thing to do.. your friend made a committment before GOD to his wife. and its been consumated.. she should be second only to GOD with him.. he shall forsake all others. if he wont listen then you just need to not answer him.

even if she has male friends as he says.. you dont wanna be the one to cause a demise in their marriage. hes your friend ,you dont want that on you.. if its gonna be a demise let it come from someone else..

ole cattle