Author Thread: Very Touchy Topic
Admin

Very Touchy Topic
Posted : 18 Jul, 2009 06:03 PM

Im not quite sure if i should even post this so if you are easily offended please close this I dont want to hurt anyone but this is something that has bothered me for a long time. Especially reading profiles on here it is more and more prevalant. Why is it that almost every christian woman who feels called in the missionary field pours their heart and soul into foreign countries? Yes other countries need to be witnessed to but have any of ya'll looked around lately? China takes our jobs while our children drop out of school. Japan cranks out doctors and engeneering marvels while our brothers and sisters live on the streets. Have we become so comsumed in the "glory" of missionary work that we have forgotten what it means to witness? How can we help someone in a foreign land while we turn our back on the needs of our natives. It makes me sick to read about these young women who want to work in china or africa or such when there is so much missionary work that needs to be done here. America used to be a superpower but now we have fallen, we have turned a deaf ear to the cries and pleas of our countrymen to help those in other places, I am truly sorry if i offended anyone I just wanted to know

View Profile
History
Very Touchy Topic
Posted : 22 Jul, 2009 10:48 PM

I think the way many feel is the fact that there are those in need in every country. Yes, America needs to Gospel. Flip on the TV and you'll see that. But America is the richest country hands down. Ever our poorest are wealthy compared to those in Haiti.

Haiti has a serious voodoo problem.

Africa is infested with AIDS.

Europe is infested with prostitution.

Cambodia is overrun with the sex trade.

Christians in Iraq or Iran? Sure, dead.

America has a plethora of churches with Christians who sit in their nice little pews, listen to their nice little sermons, leave in their nice little luxury cars, and go back to their nice big houses and eat a nice little Sunday dinner with their nice little family.

Reality check America: the entire world is going to hell and you're okay with it. If America can't see this, and our Americans won't listen and continue to spit in the face of God, then I really don't feel that bad about going overseas. Granted, children are a different story and can't choose their situation. But children who are slapped on the back of the hand for doing wrong verses children who are made into soldiers.. I know where I'm going to do my work. As I said before, I go where and when God says go. I minister HERE while I'm here. But when he tells me to leave and go reach out to those in a country where they're killed for being Christians, then I'm going. No questions asked.

BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Very Touchy Topic
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 07:24 PM

I think the important part to remember is that EVERYONE needs to be reached. Be it in your back yard or the other side of the world.

Don't get angry because someone feels lead to another location than you. Instead try to really accent how passionate you are about reaching the location that God put on your heart. At the same time, keep praying for the woman that God has for you.

View Profile
History
Very Touchy Topic
Posted : 2 Oct, 2010 06:53 AM

Wherever God calls you to serve Him, that location IS your mission field. It does not have to be a foreign country. It can be your home nation.

View Profile
History
Very Touchy Topic
Posted : 22 Oct, 2010 07:30 PM

There's a reason why pastors in Africa are telling the u.s. to stop sending missionaries--the vast majority of false doctrines originate in the good ol' u.s. of a. Africa is sending missionaries to the u.s. A wicked nation like us will get what we deserve.

View Profile
History
Very Touchy Topic
Posted : 3 Mar, 2011 08:52 PM

I was saved at the age of 17, i'm currently 20. I try to serve GOD every day the best I can. I'm still not quite sure what he has called me to do yet. I'm still awaiting for his response with open arms. My top goal in life is to help people, whether it be children, young adults or older adults, I just wanna be there for them and spread GOD's word into their hearts.

If he calls me to mission, i'll gladly accept his call. I'll fight through whatever I have to in order to serve him.

I'd just like to thank all of you for sharing your personal experiences. I really enjoy reading all of them. It helps me gain confidence for my adventure to serve as a christian.

Thank you and GOD bless,

Tyler

Page : 1 2