Author Thread: New Disney vs Old Disney
Admin

New Disney vs Old Disney
Posted : 27 Oct, 2020 09:52 AM

When I was growing up I used to watch a lot of those old Disney movies. Movies like Pinocchio, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, The Fox and the Hound, Bambi, and even movies like Old Yeller, The Parent Trap, The Love Bug, those were movies that to me were genuinely good. As the years went on I noticed that whatever it was that made those movies good, it's not there anymore. Sure there are few newer ones they've put out that were good, like Zootopia or Tangled, but fast forward to now, where all we're getting from Disney now are live action remakes, and not the good kind, you start noticing the change in quality and the reasons why they are putting them out. Take the most recent Lion King as an example. The commercials for the trailer made it look amazing, it played on the nostalgia, but then you watch it and there's nothing to get invested in. These remakes lack what made the older versions great. They lack the heart and the emotion. The remakes don't have any that. Going back to the more recent Lion King, I watched that movie half way, probably lesser than that and I didn't feel anything while watching it. I couldn't even finish it it was so bad. The other one made me feel more emotions than the new one and it didn't even have realistic looking lions. The only remake I actually enjoyed was the Jungle Book one. From then on I have no idea what happened. Yes I do. Disney saw the success of the first remake they did and then got lazy. They churn out one remake after another after another after another, and they did it so much they completely forgot what made the older ones watchable. From now I've gotten to where I dread seeing Disney put out another remake. I used to want one of Pinocchio, because that was my favorite movie growing up, but now I don't even want that, because I know it's going to be ruined. I don't usually judge movies before I see them, but I've seen enough of the remakes to know they aren't going to get any better. Just stick with the older Disney stuff, and don't fall for the lazy cash grabs they keep putting out. No matter how good it might look, no matter if they get the right actors to play the parts, they aren't going to be very good and they'll keep getting worse (if that's possible).

Juleigh

View Profile
History
New Disney vs Old Disney
Posted : 3 Dec, 2020 04:47 PM

I agree with you about old and new Disney movies, and the re-makes are not as good as the original. I personally didn't care for Jungle Book, but to each their opinion. I did like the new Aladdin. I think they did better with it than others.