Author Thread: "How do I know if I'm in love?"
Admin

"How do I know if I'm in love?"
Posted : 2 Jan, 2021 03:15 PM

Answer: Our human nature tells us that love is nothing more than an emotion. We make decisions based on our emotions and we still get married because we feel "in love." This is the reason why half of all first marriages end in divorce. The Bible teaches us that true love is not an emotion that can come and go, but a decision. We are not to love only those who love us, but we are to love even those who hate us, in the same way that Christ loves the ungrateful and wicked (Luke 6:35). “Love is long-suffering, it is benign; love is not envious, love is not boastful, it is not puffed up; He is not unseemly, he does not seek his own, he does not get irritated, he does not hold a grudge; you don't enjoy injustice, but you enjoy truth. He suffers all, believes all, hopes for all, endures all ”(1 Corinthians 13: 4-7).

It can be very easy to fall in love with someone, but there are a few questions to ask yourself before deciding if your "love radar" is guiding you in the right direction. First of all, is this person a Christian? That is, she gave her life to Christ and trusted only in Him for her salvation. Also, if someone is considering giving their heart and emotions to a person, they must ask themselves if they are willing to put that person above all others and put the relationship, once married, only second to God. . The Bible tells us that when two people marry, they become one flesh (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19: 5).

Another thing to consider is whether that person is a good candidate to become a potential partner. Has he already put God first and foremost in his life? Is he willing to give his time and energy to help the relationship and perhaps the marriage last a lifetime? Is it someone who would want to get married? There is no meter to determine when we are in love with someone, but it is important to discern whether we are following our emotions or following God's will for our lives. True love is a decision, not just an emotion. True biblical love is loving someone all the time, not just when you feel "in love."