Author Thread: Flirting vs Being Friendly
Admin

Flirting vs Being Friendly
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 02:29 PM

From the ladies' perspective, how should a man guess whether a girl who seems interested in him is being flirty or is just being friendly?

(At times, I'm prone to misreading a smile as interest; and at other times I'm given to missing or ignoring "obvious" gestures of interest.)

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 05:47 PM

its very hard because all women are different.. I would say go with your gut

GBU

Bethany

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Jul, 2009 07:57 PM

Flirt back, if she runs then she was just probably being friendly.

:nahnah:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Jul, 2009 08:18 PM

Hello, I hope this is helpful. I don't really know exactly how you can tell. As a friendly lady, I have had men misinterpret my friendliness this way. I know it's hard to tell sometimes. I've also had people like me before and me not realize it. I have been asked out just by being nice to a guy before. I think this is partly due to the fact that some guys have not had a girl be nice to them and treat them well and so they like it and immediately have an interest in her or they think she is interested. I don't know the answer exactly, but I will say that if someone has become interested in me just because I was nice to them, but I don't like them in that way, I try to tell them truthfully and nicely. I just don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. So, I guess pray about it and if you pursue someone who might not feel interested in you, they can tell you nicely and that's ok.

BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 07:18 PM

These days most girls are just really friendly. So assume that she is just being friendly. If she makes physical contact, assume that it is flirty. Frequently this is a subconscious thing that women do when attracted to someone. If you want to know if it is more cause you like her then tell her how you feel straight out. It takes away the guessing. If you think she is flirting and you aren't interested but want to let her down gently then tell her that you appreciate her friendship and how you two don't have to worry about the complication of romantic feelings. Or something to that effect.