Author Thread: 4 Different Countries, 4 Different Cultures Playing Soccer In My Yard
Admin

4 Different Countries, 4 Different Cultures Playing Soccer In My Yard
Posted : 27 Jul, 2009 02:43 PM

For me, divorce not only signified the end of my marriage, but also the end of life long dreams to one day have the �perfect� family. Dreams that I had formed completely apart from the involvement of God in my life, and that rightly came to an end. I had always wanted children, and lots of them. Being a single parent without a wife, I could never have imagined the richness of God�s own plans if only I would surrender to HIM what had always been HIS. My life.

Last Saturday, 4 different children from 4 different countries and 4 different cultures played soccer in the front yard of my home with my children. Dinner was prepared and salads tossed by little hands of many different colors. Mothers cooking favorite meals in distant memories were remembered and missed. A father who boxed to feed his family was introduced through the thoughts and expressions of a son. Elephants roamed the African savannahs, monkeys stole food if you were not careful, and the sounds of gunshots still echoed through the night air. 4 Unique stories were told of how a child became a refugee in this world. And though sickness and civil war had claimed the lives of each of these children�s parents, you could not find 4 brighter smiles, more accepting, ready to love, ready to be loved than these. Rainbows truly come in many forms and in many different ways.