Author Thread: Should A Guy Keep Sending Messages If There is No Response To An Initial One?
Admin

Should A Guy Keep Sending Messages If There is No Response To An Initial One?
Posted : 2 Aug, 2009 11:22 PM

Hi Ladys

In the 'Ask A Guy' section, a Lady stated that she was "won over" by later messages after she did not reply to a guy's initial one.

I had wondered about that. I have sent a message to a Lady or two that I felt had really compatible qualities, but I received no reply. In the real world, I would try to charm her more than once with honest affection to try to cause a spark.

But for some reason, I felt it discourteous to send another message after getting no response to a first attempt. I imagined that her mind was made up.

So, would guys be crossing the line with you if they tried sending you 2 - 4 messages in an attempt to display their personality, after you have not responded initially?

I am sure this has been a dilemna to many a guy.

Thanks and God bless!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 04:59 PM

2 messages okay. 4 messages = stalking.

also be respectful if she says no thanks.

I started responded to inquires after reading on quite a few chat forum about the disappointment of "no replies". My fear is it is like trying to get off junk email... they then find a valid email address and you never get rid of them.

Certainly, it is a valid position that a look twice should be considered... i've heard of successful relationship when man or woman decided to take a try at someone who is not their usual dating partner. (may be some consideration needed, if most of us are now divorced from our "usual" type of dating partner)

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 05:03 PM

dear ds, if she makes you work that hard just to speak to ya.. just imagine how hard she will make you work when youre married hehehehehe

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 06:39 PM

I totally agree that we should consider expanding our horizons in seeking a mate (after divorce). I definitely am 'talking' to a large spectrum as long as they are Christian.

In fact, I prefer to not even meet any non-Christians, or even "new" Christians (as that is how a pastor and I both got fooled for years before). They must be in the Word and in prayer daily of their own accord. Which is why this site is a marvelous blessing to all of us. It ups the odds of not wasting time greatly.

And Cattleman, if I ever quit I'll let you know! The truth in what you say is hilarious !!!

muggsy517

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 06:54 PM

2 messages are fine...after that she is either not interested and doesn't want to hurt your pride/feelings or maybe she has just been so busy that she has not had the time to message back. You could always just keep viewing her profile and she will see that you are still "looking" and maybe you will get a reply.

Good luck!

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2009 07:00 PM

dear ds, lol glad ya liked that one..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 07:23 PM

Ole Cattle, I have to say, that was one of the funniest things I've heard in the long time. I laughed so hard my ribs were hurting. Keep posting brother.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 07:36 PM

dear brutha, hehe thanks man..

ole cattle

BluEyedBumbleBee

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 07:10 PM

Absolutely send me another message. Sometimes I may have just enough time to read a message but don't know how to respond or don't have time to give the proper response. Often times I also forget who I have responded to. It isn't you, it is my bad memory.

If someone doesn't want to talk to you then they should dig deep, and find the courage to say it to you straight out. Not beat around the bush, be passive aggressive, or play silent games. We are adults, lets leave the games out of it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Aug, 2009 10:31 PM

:applause: Greetings Mr. Dsterna, and everyone...

Are you looking to see if the messages are being read?.. For if they're being read, I'm with Ms.Goledenstarfish; twice is sufficient in trying to communicate with someone, and it is important to be polite when her reply is "no thanks"....

However if they haven't been read, it could be very well that she isn't on the site often (or presently talking to someone and is only on the site to check her mail from that person)... So don't be discouraged, because evidently they're not who God wants you to be with (because denial is'nt defeat, "it's leaving space for the woman God has shaped and molded for only you")...:glow:

AnotherChance2*