Author Thread: sports on TV
Admin

sports on TV
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 01:24 AM

What are your thoughts on "men" watching sports on TV? When is it too much? Isn't it a repeat of the same show - i'm sure i've seen that same plot and character developments in the Raiders vs Steelers game. (hey, i'll watch Packers., and some tennis, ice skating, but in low quantities and only if its social)

View Profile
History
sports on TV
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 04:35 AM

I believe when two people come together and join as one, it doesn't take away the fact one likes sports and the other may not. I don't have to like sports to like a man and visa verse.

Personally I rather watch sports at the game, if it is on tv, I get distracted with other things. So as long as I am not made to sit down with him to watch it... it is all good. He can watch whatever he likes. If it runs into the problem of him hogging the tv with sports....

1. he is watching too much tv and not spending it on me!

2. buy another tv and put it in the other room.

3. turn the garage into a "man cave" and get him out of your house with his sports....lol

I can probably think of more ways to live with a sport on tv watchin' man.

I rather play them myself :boxing: than watching.

~Lisa

View Profile
History
sports on TV
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 04:38 AM

Just thought of one more way to live with a sports on tv watchin' man....

4. Gimmie some money so I can go shopping.. get out of your hair and you can watch all the sports you want!

:applause:

View Profile
History
sports on TV
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 02:19 PM

LOL.. I love Hockey.. Go Red Wings !!

ok ok.. so I think that if a man of woman wants to watch something on TV it should not be the end all be all of teh week. I realize some games are important but not all of them are. Family time should come first but as long as its not a daily thing and the other person is not required to watch with them what is the harm in a game now and then or even once a week..

Men and women do need time alone or with friends to recharge..

GBU

Bethany

godlymom2

View Profile
History
sports on TV
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 03:57 PM

I agree, Bethany, family time is VERY important.

But as far as watching sports on TV goes, being a former athlete and a UNC Tarheel fan:yay:, I don't mind watching a good game of basketball on TV (actually, I enjoy it), though I, too, would rather go to a live game. Now, on the other hand, things like golf on TV bore me to tears. :zzzz:

I think that a couple would just need to communicate (remember that listening is the hardest part of communication) and find a middle ground when he just wants to watch sports and she wants her chick flix�

ex. Biggest game of the year is on the TV on Friday (I�ll fix the nachos.)�.then it�s Saturday night with �Sleepless in Seattle� (You pop the popcorn.)�Sunday, let�s pack a picnic together and take the kids on an adventure.

~~KT

View Profile
History
sports on TV
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 12:02 PM

KT.. Yep I agree.. the thing is communication and its a skill most do not really have..

gbu

bethany

View Profile
History
sports on TV
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 09:54 AM

As for me, I enjoy watching some sports on TV. So i think it could be one of the things we could do as a family because my children also enjoy it. It gets interesting when we have our favorite teams and they are playing each other. lol We enjoy NFL, College Football, and Nascar. My children and me usually play board games while we watch the games, so we are still spending quality time together.

God Bless

Brite