Author Thread: To those who lost their faith...
Admin

To those who lost their faith...
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 01:03 PM

This is a message, written by me and is placed on my facebook page. I have many more messages written, that the Lord has sent to me to bring to you because it is in His will that these things may be heard.

I'd like to talk about something that has been on my mind recently. Which is what happens when people lose their way, or their faith in Christ. People begin to doubt themselves or why God has done this to them. I am reminded of the parable that Jesus taught in Luke 15. Let us with looking over these verses.

Luke 15 � NIV

1 Now the tax collectors and "sinners" were all gathering around to hear him. 2 But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, "This man welcomes sinners and eats with them." 3 Then Jesus told them this parable: 4 "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 6 and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7 I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. 8 "Or suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she finds it, she calls her friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost coin.' 10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents."

We begin this with Jesus talking to a group of tax collectors, and �sinners� who are listening to him. While the Pharisees are leading their judgment on Jesus based on the law. We understand through the scripture that the Pharisees did not really this change, because it was starting to become something they cannot control. There are times when things come up that we don't like, but there is always a reason for it and sometimes we don't always get it.

As we read further, we start to hear Jesus as he tales of the parable of the lost sheep. In a sense when people lose their faith or think God has forsaken them, they are like the lost sheep and Jesus is the shepherd of his flock. He watches over us and keeps us safe. When one of us strays from the path, He doesn't turn from it but goes after it because he cares about each and every one of his sheep. Just because you have lost your way or faith, doesn't mean the Jesus doesn't care about you. He still loves and cares for you and strives to see you return to Him.

Such is also about the lost coin, that Jesus is always looking to you and wanting you to return to Him. Things don't always go as you plan them to be, but this could be in God's plan for you. So we must strive though the hard times, and believe that He will hold true. For He will always be there when we need him and will be there to answer out prayers. You just need to keep your faith and trust in Him, and everything will start to become more clear.

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Aug, 2009 06:34 PM

dear squirrell, welcome to the forums..

nice post thanks.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 06:51 AM

Dearest squ1rrels ,

Thank you for this post, for you see I am one of those lost sheep trying to find my way back into the Lords arms.

After losing my father who was indeed very very dear to me, I strayed, but that was over 2 years ago & yes it still hurts & yes I still miss him desperately, but I am beginning to realise that if I keep my faith in God and follow him, he will lead me back to my father.

Thank you for shedding some light on my path.

God Bless You & Take Care!

Heart _of_an_:angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Aug, 2009 09:33 AM

THANKS FOR THAT ENCOURAGING POST, BLESS U BROTHER.