Author Thread: question
Admin

question
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 08:07 PM

ladies, how important is chivalry to you in a relationship?

godlymom2

View Profile
History
question
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 08:37 PM

Chivalry--the sum of the ideal qualifications of a knight, including courtesy, generosity, valor, and dexterity in arms.

So let's break it down:

Courtesy--I don't expect perfect "Mr. Manners" at home, but he should be respectful and know how to be polite.

Generosity--God loves cheerful giver and so do I.

Valor--When the enemy comes to kill, steal, and destroy my family (and he always comes), a spiritual head of household who is bold and brave in God is a MUST.

Dexterity in arms--I definitely would want a man who was skilled at arming himself with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.

So, how important is chivalry in a relationship? Based on the basic definition,....IMPORTANT (but you can keep the metal suit of armor:laugh:).

~~KT

View Profile
History
question
Posted : 5 Aug, 2009 10:31 PM

360 percent!

i always want my door opened for me, i always desire for him to ask me to dance (all night if knees are up to it), i always want him to reach for me to hold my hand, and to stand in the path of harm, to include emotional as well as physical. I have a weakness for military minded men - honor, integrity, loyalty, respect.

View Profile
History
question
Posted : 8 Aug, 2009 05:06 AM

very very very important. did I say very? LOL..

It all comes down to manners and knowing how to treat a lady like a lady.until a few years ago I was offened if a man wanted to hold my chair or open a car door for me. my best friend taught me quickly that it is a sign of respect not a sign that I am weak, now I have come to expect such things. you all can blame him for spoiling me.LOL

GBU