Author Thread: looking but no emails
DeborahJ

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 04:25 PM

OK, my question is why do guys sometimes keep looking - say same one for 5 hits but doesn't email? What's with that. Why don't you guys want to talk? that's what you're on here for isn't it??? It just gets stranger and stranger. Or there's some that say they want to continue to talk but only emails once to say that???!!! Like come on, why are you wasting my time and yours???

Curious

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 04:39 PM

dear deborah, welcome to the forums.. are they within your age range preference. ? if not they cant write you.. they could be just lookin searchin.. maybe as weve sene alot spoken of here on the forums.. they could be affrait ,nervous to write ya.. maybe theyre re readin your profile to see who sticks out from the crowd.. it could be many reasons we have no idea about..

ole cattle

DeborahJ

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 04:45 PM

yes, they are in the age range...thanks for the quick reply...

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 04:59 PM

dear deborah, ok cool.. youre welcome.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 06:21 PM

Welcome to the forums DeborahJ!

:laugh: That's the way men are on here, I think it is a tad bit shy. Maybe if you type something to them they might reply? I get the "view" and no type all the time, don't feel bad, it isn't you.. I promise.

Good luck!

God Bless,

~Lisa

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 9 Aug, 2009 08:22 PM

i have to agree. i get it a lot myself as well!

DeborahJ

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 03:41 AM

ty Lisa for your input here. I guess it's just the norm then.

ian777

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 10:46 AM

Ya, you gotta remember - people can be looking at your profile for a lot of different reasons - although I agree, if it's like, 5 or 6 views, it kinda makes you wonder.

I don't give much credence to views personally.

Someone else (Zoe?) suggested sending an email with "BOO!" written in it.

Ian

DeborahJ

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 10 Aug, 2009 06:33 PM

lol,

Thanks

:laugh:

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 11:27 AM

I might be able to shed a little light on this one as I'm one of those that does look at a profile several times and maybe never writes.

First, the age range that's already been mentioned is a part of it. If I'm a year or two off, I might look at a profile a few times to see if they're interested enough in changing it for me. I mean, you never know, right?

Also, depending on how I'm searching, I may forget who I've looked at. There are so many people online that a little thumbnail in the My Matches section may not look familiar until the full profile pops up.

Lastly, and here's the area I don't think some may have thought of, is that I use the Views as a way of testing the waters. To explain, I treat it a little like looking across the room and if the person looks back then I know she's interested. It lowers the risk. So, I may look once and then check to see if she looked at my profile. Then, I will look again and check once again. If she looks back twice, I'll be more inclined to take a step. That's why I believe it's important to have your preferences set to let people know you viewed their profile, or at least set it that way when you know you want someone to know.

tristan07

View Profile
History
looking but no emails
Posted : 11 Aug, 2009 01:43 PM

don't take it personally, girl. I have people who have looked at my profile a million times over the last year and never written. No big deal. sometimes, your photo just pops up alot on the random row of photos up there ^^^^ and people don't realize they've already seen you before.

I have mine hidden so you can't even tell if I've looked at anyones.

One of us dorks should write some kind of Q&A online dating website etiquette post with the answers to all these commonly asked questions, lol

Page : 1 2