Author Thread: The Tomb and Womb of Time
Admin

The Tomb and Womb of Time
Posted : 12 Aug, 2009 05:21 PM

Death is always the end of human life and results in a final resting place in a grave or a tomb of various types and places. Whereas, human life always begins in a womb and results with a birth. Death is an end. Birth is a beginning. Jesus put death and life in perspective for us as believers. He said �I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me though he were dead, yet shall he live. And whosoever believeth in me shall never die.� It appears this is a clear reference to the rapture. The dead in Christ shall rise first to an eternal bodily life again. Though dead they shall live again and those that are alive at his appearing shall never die. The key is believing in Jesus who is the resurrection and the life. So, it could be emphatically declared �all who believe in Jesus now have life� through being born again.

An amazing thing about this life is the magnificent grace of God and everlasting mercies given to one that knells at Calvary and believes and receives Jesus. I didn�t say, saying you believe, but I am saying actually believing in Jesus (in other words choosing Jesus). When one does, they find they have been born again passing from death into life. Also, they discover there is truly a remedy for sin. It�s called the blood of Jesus! They find there is a remedy for all the mistakes, faults, failures, sickness, and disease of one�s life. It�s called Calvary! They learn there is a remedy for death. It�s called the empty tomb! The cornerstone of the Christian faith is the empty tomb or emphatically the resurrection of the dead. Jesus arose from the dead and became the first fruits of resurrection. An icon of that resurrection is the stone that was rolled away, not so Jesus could get out, but so we could get in to see where he lay. But there is so much more benefit than just seeing he is not there. There is the benefit of all our shame, disgrace, sins, and faults being laid to rest in the empty tomb. Christ made it empty so our sins and transgressions could be buried there. Buried in a tomb of time never to be remembered against us again. The writer in Hebrews said �And their sins and iniquities I will remember no more.� (Heb. 10:17) The Psalmist says, �As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.� (Ps. 103:12) They are gone! They are dead! They are buried in a tomb of time!

At the same time, there is a womb of time where God has impregnated a destiny for each and every believer. We have heard the expression �destiny�s child.� Truly, �destiny�s child� is growing in the womb of time for every child of faith. And in due season God will bring forth the birth of destiny in every one longing to see His plan fulfilled in their lives. Although God has destiny gestating in the womb of time, many never reach the birthing of that destiny because they have never grasp or understood the vision of what their destiny will be. The revelation of your destiny is the vision for your life. One can never know of their destiny in the womb of time unless it is revealed unto them and that in essence is the vision. Solomon the wisest of kings writes in Proverbs, �Where there is no vision, the people perish:..�(Prov. 29:18) In order to understand the vision in preparation for the birth of destiny in our lives, it requires:

(1) The Appointed Time

Habakkuk the prophet puts this way, �Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.� (Hab. 2:2-3) Just as there is a vision upon Israel, there is a vision for each believer in God�s divine economy. Many need to back up one verse from these verses to truly understand when it is one receives their vision. It says, �I will stand upon my watch, and set me upon the tower, and will watch to see what he will say unto me, and what I shall answer when I am reproved.� (Hab. 2:1) There is a line from the �The Last Sumeiri� that has enormous spiritual connotation which says �I do what I can until my destiny is revealed.� This could be a paraphrase from the prophet Habakkuk as he said, �I will stand upon my watch���and will watch to see what he will say unto me�.write the vision��..that he may run that readeth it.� In other words, do whatever your hands find to do until your destiny is revealed. For the revelation of your destiny is the vision. Then run with the vision.

(2) The Appropriate Place

In addition to God�s timing, one must be at the right place to receive the vision. It was on the Isle of Patmos that the Apostle John received the Revelation of the Lord not in Jerusalem which was the center of religious worship. It was in the Maritima Prison in Rome where the Apostle Paul would write the blessed words of some of his greatest epistles not in the Senate chambers of the great Roman Empire. It was at the brook Cherith where Elijah the prophet was fed by the ravens not in the King�s palace. God anointed the apostles to write words of enormous impact while in midst of horrible persecution and God fed the prophet while there was famine in the land. One must come out of the famine of barren alters of religiosity to find their destiny. One must come out of the status quo of Christianity to embrace the hunger for the souls of humanity. One must get away from the parched and dried bones of dead religion and irrelevant denominations if they are to run with vision and thereby fulfill the destiny upon their lives. One must be at the appropriate place which is the place of God�s purpose.

(3) The Anointed Calling

The Apostle Peter in his first epistle writes, �As obedient children not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: But as he which called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation: Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.� (I Peter 1:14-16) We are to live in holiness because we have been called with a holy calling. It doesn�t mean one must look a certain way, dress a certain way, wear certain things or leave off wearing certain things, but it is a position that the believer obtains as a result of the wholeness and holiness of sanctification and God growing each in grace. It has been said it is not what�s on the outside but what is on the inside. But if there is something on the inside, it will reflect to the outside. I would hope a holy man or woman of God would not have the desire to dress, look, act, or talk immodest. Yet I am afraid that there are many immature baby Christians that God is trying to bring to a place of holiness that have not understood the holy, anointed calling upon their lives. They are still babies as far as the Lord is concerned. Just as a baby is born and parents deal with noise and poop, the spiritually born again may be justified and regenerated, but they still have all that poop that signifies their lives. Until God grows them into a mature holy man or woman of God, they will never understand the vision of their destiny until they have dealt with the poop of their lives.

We are righteous because Christ has saved us. We are holy because God has sanctified us through the blood of Jesus, with the Word of God, and by the Holy Spirit. We are anointed because the Spirit of the Lord is upon us. We didn�t earn righteousness, holiness, or anointing or deserve them in anyway. We received them because of God�s grace and the measure of the Holy Spirit on each life. If we do not fear God those benefits and blessings can be unfulfilled. Then we can never be brought to a place, purpose, or position to receive the vision of our destinies. But when we dedicate ourselves to those ends and continue to walk in righteousness and true holiness not dishonoring the anointed calling upon our lives, then God can do His work and will in our lives. Then we will be prepared for the birth of destiny from the womb of time.

There is a destiny stored up in the womb of time and until the believer has matured enough to see the vision and run with it, they should do what their hands find to do. However, immature Christians who are similar to little babies, their hands are usually into something mischievous. So, it falls to the spiritually mature to train and disciple these destined-Christians so their destined-work in God�s kingdom can be revealed in its destined-time.