Author Thread: Learn from our past
Admin

Learn from our past
Posted : 21 Apr, 2008 09:23 AM

So many people here are broken, or have been broken. Some are still harboring bitterness, some actual hate. It is common when we are hurt to have anger. But, when we don't let it go, it breeds. I myself, have never been one to hold a grudge. I am blessed. So many cannot let go. The reason I know this all too well is the person I was so in love with could not love me for he had an overwhelming bitterness in his heart The relationship took a huge toll on me, and I think the main part that hurt so much was his negligence to the dellusions he held. It was always someone else's fault. I don't know if it was too hard for him to face or he just really didn't see them. Regardless, the lesson I think we must learn is to let go. No matter who has wounded us or how deep, it will only hold you back if you do not. And, the Lord set us free, and no one can truely be free untill they face their own demons. So, let go and let your life become the beautiful thing God intended!

View Profile
History
Learn from our past
Posted : 26 Apr, 2008 05:36 PM

GREAT POINT, redeemdone. It proves that JESUS"S words are so true; we must forgive to be forgiven. I'm sorry you lost a relationship due to this unforgiveness but you know what? You're actually better off. A person with bitterness and unforgiveness would creat many problems in a relationship and that person has to be so broken that they finally realize they need help and work on relearning their thinking.

So be blessed and GOD bless your search.

T:goofball:mie

View Profile
History
Learn from our past
Posted : 27 Apr, 2008 06:20 PM

Tomie7, Yes Yes Yes. I know how much better off I am! The Lord knows the heart, and He knew his. I was blinded by love, an hoped for him to be better. There is really no way to understand these things. But, the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. He has tried to get me to go back so many times, and I cannot. I realize he has not changed. That makes a big difference. God can work with anyone if they are willing. But, when they look the other eay at their own indiscretions, it won't work. I am content in my life. Not complete I guess in a way, but content. If I thought for ne minute he could be or was different, I would be the happiest person in the world. I believe in reconcilliation. I believe in love. And, sometimes the love of your life is about once! I have never really met anyone or cared to since. I thought the Lord had sent him.For all those who carry a love in their hearts and they know it, please, try to reconcile. It is a terrible thing to pass up what God has sent!