Author Thread: KT, Cattle, Kidd, SingleRose, Psalm37
Admin

KT, Cattle, Kidd, SingleRose, Psalm37
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 01:41 PM

Dear ones

Your prayers went with me today.

I ran out of gas just as I started out BUT I knew it would be o.k.. I was close to the gas station and was able to keep restarting the car until I got to the pump - AND I got to the interview on time! I begin an orientation Wed.. If you think of me again, please pray for my physical strength and witness.

Question - What do you think about working on Sunday?

It's BEAUTIFUL! - strangers, YET JOINED as brothers and sisters IN CHRIST!

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 04:26 PM

glad you made it on time to your interview. and yes, i will continue to pray for you. regarding working on a sunday: try your best not to. sunday should be a day of rest and spent with our Lord Jesus Christ. if you can't get away from working on sundays, i say pray about it and ask the Lord to guide you.

God Bless,

Zoe :angel:

View Profile
History
Posted : 14 Aug, 2009 11:42 PM

THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS, TO GOD BE THE GLORY.

FATHER LORD YOUR WORD SAYS IN ISAIAH 40:31, THAT, �those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.� AS WE WAIT IN FAITH, WE BELIEVE THAT OUR SISTERS STRENGH SHALL BE RESTORED,SHE WILL SOAR ON WINGS LIKE EAGLES, SHE WILL RUN AND NOT GROW WEARY AND WILL WALK AND NOT FAINT, IN JESUS MIGHTY NAME, AMEN.

REGARDING WORKING ON THE SABBATH, I THINK ZOE GAVE A GOOD ANSWER. IF IT IS AVOIDABLE, PROBABLY BEST TO AVOID IT.

HERE ARE SOME VERSES ABOUT THE SABBATH.

EXODUS 20:8-11

�Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor, and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God. On it you shall not do any work, you, or your son, or your daughter, your male servant, or your female servant, or your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. �

MARK 2:27

�And he said to them, The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.�

ISAIAH 58:13-14

�If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the Lord honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly; then you shall take delight in the Lord, and I will make you ride on the heights of the earth; I will feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.�

GOD BLESS.:glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2009 11:26 AM

Hi Kidd!

Thank you for praying for me!

Thank you also for the verses!

In Christ,

Shirley

godlymom2

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2009 03:20 PM

Praise God! :yay:

You know, the Word says that no weapon formed against us will prosper....but it doesn't say no weapon will form. The enemy may try to stand in your way, but he is already a defeated foe! Just trust in God, hold firm to your faith, and speak life into every situation.

I pray that your orientation goes well and that you prosper in your new job.

Be Blessed,

~~KT

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Aug, 2009 06:51 PM

Hi KT

Thank you for your prayer!

Please send the reference for your verse. I'd like to read it - I can't find it. I use NIV and I tried the concordance.

toGodbtheglory

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 11:47 AM

Hi Shirley,

I work at a hospital,so I do have to work on Sunday. I do attend services on Wednesday night though. I think of my church on Sunday mornings and lift them and all services up in prayer. I'm also able to listen to my Mp3, so I listen to worship music.

I will keep you in my prayers about your new job.

God Bless You,

Malinda

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Aug, 2009 11:56 AM

ISAIAH 54:17

"No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD."

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 07:36 PM

Hi Kidd

Thank you for finding the reference for me and sending it!

In Christ,

Shirley