Author Thread: The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee
Admin

The Spiritual Man by Watchman Nee
Posted : 17 Aug, 2009 02:25 AM

Shalom to all!

Just wondering if anyone has read this and has any fellowship from it.

I have read it and I would consider it to be one of those that "every Christian should have on their shelf".

It deals very much with the Christians personal walk, making the transition from walking according to the "natural Man" to walking according to the Spirit, discerning between true manifestations of the Holy Spirit vs. counterfeit manifestations, and learning the difference between the voice of the Lord vs. the voice of man's own wisdom.

I highly recommend it to all serious minded individuals who are seeking a "deeper walk" with the Lord and more inner transformation.

Yours in the Beloved,

Richard

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Nov, 2009 10:13 AM

I've read multiple of Watchman Nee's books, the most recent I just finished reading: The Breaking of the Outer Man and the Release of the Spirit.

Awesome, heart changing revelation in all that I've read of his, too!

Stephan

View Profile
History
Posted : 16 Nov, 2009 06:40 AM

Have you read "The latent power of the soul"?

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 06:19 PM

Yes! I've read that one...a newly translated one that goes right along with that is "Serve in Spirit". Basically the same message but previously unpublished. Good to see other like_minded Christians, Brother!

View Profile
History
Posted : 15 Dec, 2009 06:22 PM

I have that one and have read many parts of it. Jessie Penn-Lewis and Andrew Murray also talk much about the latent power of the soul as well and I have also fallin" into that trap myself. Seems to be very preavalent in our day amongst even the most consecrated Christians!