Author Thread: I often think
Admin

I often think
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 05:16 PM

about all the good Christian people I will never get to meet. And why the people I have met have been all wrong for me. I think I should stop searching for love and let love find me. God will bring him around when the time is right. I know that in my heart. But the loneliness gets to me sometimes. But there's a lot of good scripture for what to do in those situations which I need to be reading. Maybe...I just think too much though. Anyone else feel the same way??

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 22 Aug, 2009 06:13 PM

yeah. to me it's like being in this rut that's just too deep to get out of. everytime i tried to get out of it, i''d just end up spinning my tires. now i just go with it while watching and waiting patiently for a chance to climb out.

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 12:28 AM

i think a lot more people have wondered the same thing so you are not alone.

i however, have decided to follow scripture and not just "wait for love to find me" - that's why i joined this site :glow: . the word says "... seek, and you shall find...." so i'm seeking and the lord will help me find.

i've heard so many people talk about "...waiting on the lord..." that doesn't mean waiting and doing nothing. the word says "...occupy..." while waiting. that means to me that i must continue to actively seek (occupying) till the lord presents that "one" to me.

its hard though i'll tell you that. especially for people like me who are painfully shy and shudder at the thought of asking a guy out.... Good Luck to you!

-LR

KidzWorker

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 26 Aug, 2009 12:21 PM

Jesus said "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me."

If you are finding anything difficult because of following Christ, then you are doing something right.

Jesus talked about 2 gates. The wide easy gate which leads to destruction, and the difficult narrow gate which leads to life.

Hebrews 13v 12,13 "And so Jesus also suffered outside the city gate to make the people holy through his own blood. Let us, then, go to him outside the camp, bearing the disgrace he bore."

If anyone said being a Christian was the easy way, they lied to you. Jesus suffered, and it is our privilege to suffer like him because of him.

Right now, its just another difficulty, trying to find the right kind of life partner in a world offering you wrong options everywhere.

BUT have hope, for Jesus said -"If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

WE HAVE A DAD IN HEAVEN WHO WANTS TO GIVE US GREAT GIFTS!

Dont be afraid to ask him for love. Ask knowing he is listening and wanting to give you answers.

I hope that helps.

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 30 Aug, 2009 04:05 PM

Don't be consumed by one thing, like a desire for companionship and love. Waiting on God means doing something else while God waits on you. Have any hobbies? Have any desires you can focus on? A Christian's life is often solitary to some extent, even in Church. You always have God with you, though, and that makes all the difference.

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 01:59 PM

I know exactly what you mean! You're not alone in this at all! Sometimes i just want to throw in the towel but then again I think "How else am I gonna meet someone?". I don't really have much of a social life so it's very difficult.

hayfever

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 12 Nov, 2009 06:27 PM

for women its definitely not our search.....for the bible clearly staes that "He that findeth a wife , findeth a good thing and obtaineth favour of God......

We are signed up yes....but ....is it to show we are available? Or is it because we are desperate and just cant wait ..therefore the search becomes ours.......

which is it?

View Profile
History
I often think
Posted : 18 Nov, 2009 10:18 PM

I believe that there are people who are willing to wait on God,and then there are people who just aren't willing to wait.Yes the man should find a wife,but he needs to lose himself in God before he can find the right woman.I feel that the woman God has for me has to be a complement not only to me,but also to the call of God on my life.She must follow me as I follow Christ.If you look at the book of Genesis God created man first,and then woman.He gave man dominion and also gave him responsibility for the woman.He was subject to Gods authority,and she was subject to her husbands authority.Because of the fall of man,men have been more concerned with chasing women and not at all concerned with following God.The truly sad thing is that this also occurs in the church.When the men in church start acting like men,and start pursuing God He will place the right woman by their side.I admit I haven't waited and in the past it became a distraction and a source of heartache and pain.I settled for Ms Right Now instead of waiting for Ms Right.Now all I want is His will.If He adds the woman it will be the one that's a perfect fit for my ministry.I hope that has shed some light on the subject and illuminated the truth to you.