Author Thread: Professing & Confessing Your Love...
Admin

Professing & Confessing Your Love...
Posted : 31 Aug, 2009 01:05 PM

God has truly been dealing with me on a few topics this week, and I wanted to share this one. Because there are some things that we need to really take under concideration, before saying these simple words of "I love you"...

Our choice of words are truly powerful and shouldn't be voiced so loosely (unless we are willing to be committed in representing them with "loyalty")... Let's take a little time, in order to meditate on and disect this topic...

Topic:

Professing: is to lay claim to..

Confessing: is to acknowledge or admit as true...

Your: is self

Love: is a profoundly tender and passionate affection for another person (in-which carries a deep attachment, that is enduring and emotional).

As A Christian:

We are to examine ourselves and whether we be in faith; "prove ourselves" (meaning to get reproof & live by an example for God). We are to know our ownselves in order to know God, and yet know who we are in Him (so that Jesus can reside and be seen through us, "by the way that we live"). So we must stand fast therefore in the liberty with Christ and not be entangled again, with the yoke of bondage. In Galations 5:22-23, it states that the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, and temperance. So we must posess those things "in which we confess with our choice of words and/or actions". For it is also important to know; a "Godly love" is unconditional (without fault) and is to be presented voluntarily "even unto our enemies" (stated in Matthew 5:44)...

A Deep Thought & Parrible:

When I think of this subject and how deep it actually is, I'm reminded of a song that Gladys Knight use to sing. In the lyrics it stated that "You Can't Color A Thought, Nor Can You Touch An Emotion" ("That's just how powerful love is")... For it says in Song 8:7, "Many Waters Cannot Quench Love, Niether Can The Floods Drown It"...

A Couple of Questions One Should Ask Themselves:

1. Do you posess a Godly love for youself, God

and other's?.. (for in order to love anyone else,

"you must first love yourself")

2. Are you willing to be faithful, loyal & committed

to presenting that love, in-which you are

professing?

3. Are you ready and prepared to handle the

storms that may come with that person, and yet

continue to love them unconditionaly

(Regaurdless to what type of a relationship it

may be, or despite their faults and your