Author Thread: Prayer For Self Worth
xoflagirlxo02

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 05:03 PM

Lately I've been struggling with quite a few things. The great news is that I've rededicated my life to God and I feel SO MUCH better about things. But still there's a lot on my plate and I'm feeling pretty inadequate as a human...as a woman. Moving back to SW Florida was a good idea because my family and friends are here, but in order to be accepted by most people you have to be "Miss Barbie." And rather than get to know me and find out WHY I'm not Miss Barbie, people just make assumptions. And yes, I've heard the comments. So will you guys please pray that I find my beauty again? My self worth? Thanks.

Liz

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 08:51 PM

Seems like you're on the right track to me Liz, I'll pray with you... just remember now that God loves you... you're His daughter! How beautiful is that huh? Your beauty isn't lost , it's been found by the One in whom you can really trust and believe!:glow:

blessings, Jim

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 6 Sep, 2009 11:31 PM

hi flagirl!! CONGRATS! on the rededication How awesome is it to be back in the arms of our Father!

I too have had to fight many insecurity battles, alot of it having to do with the men in my life, especially with my dad and the feeling of abandonment. But God's been really moulding my heart and the perception i have of myself. Before beauty was a word that i dreamed of, a word that brought pain, a word i knew only having negative connotation's. But God's been challenging me heaps lately about what beauty means to me and why.

Our appearance is something that we can't change, its something that we should learn to accept and love. We look the way we do because that's how God's intended it. People can say what they wish but their thoughts and comments will not change who you are, it will never change who i am, so why should we care what they say?

Our beauty is eternal, it's something no one can take, that only God and no one else is in position to give. Inside all of us are have desires, inspiring works, words and actions that radiate and highlight who we are and with that it enhances the beauty we are each given!

I've definitely learnt to be thankful and take pride in what God's given me not to the extent where I turn completely vain lol but enough that's made me realize that there's a God in heaven who made all of this and man am i glad He did! The trouble i'm learning to deal with now is taking in compliments from other people. Sure enough I've learnt that I'm beautiful to my Father but from other people not so much lol.

It's a shame though how alot of people are lenient towards judging from the outer-beauty. They don't know what missing out on!!! I read your profile and it seems like we would make great friends!! and I definitely admire the many qualities you portray and you have a gorgeous smile! Trust me. I only try to speak but the truth. hehe.

But hey you are definitely on my prayer list girl!

blessings!!

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 10:51 AM

dear liz, remember you are worthy... and you deserve the very best for you.. folks have many different likes and preferences .. dont worry bout those who may not prefer you ,,concentrate on the ones that do prefer a woman such as yourself.. whatever that may be.. long as youre followin GOD .. ya cant go wrong there.. smile

will be prayin

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 8 Sep, 2009 12:44 PM

Hi Liz,

I ask the Lord to give you back your self-worth & that you will see the beautiful person you are to Him. :glow: I thank Him for loving us even when we don�t measure up to others & even find doubt w/ourselves.

Take care,

Janet

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 12 Sep, 2009 05:26 AM

Hello dear,

My prayer for you is that you will be so closed to the Father and be secured in His love and that you will see yourself as He sees you, beloved in His eyes... then nothing else matters .for if Christ be in you, who can judge? yet they can only judge the flesh... it is but a little thing as Paul said. Father I pray that you grant unto my sister the spirit of wisdom and revelation in he knowledge of Christ Jesus.

God bless you beloved of the Father.....

xoflagirlxo02

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 06:45 AM

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. It means a lot to me--and it does help. God's doing an amazing work in my life and some days I do struggle, but I'm coming along. He truly is amazing isn't He??

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 22 Sep, 2009 10:00 AM

dear fla, yep HE sure is..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Prayer For Self Worth
Posted : 24 Sep, 2009 08:57 PM

Liz

I emphasize deeply with your situation. I have been there. I doubt there are many people saved who went away from God & felt more guilt, shame & condemantion than I. But God has been putting the pieces back together again. Its truly amazing I am not dead, but instead God has done some amazing miracles in my life. Even many Christians would not believe some of them.

But most importantly - what you need of course is a revelation of God's love for you - which has never changed. PLEASSE...check out Andrew Wommacks teachings for free at www.awmi.net...I recommend watching "The War is Over" "You've Already Got It" "The Believers Authority" & "A Better Way to Pray". If you do - in a short period of time things will change dramatically for you. I can pretty much guarantee it. His ministry focuses on God's grace - and is right on and based entirely on the word.

You can turn things around quickly by filling your mind with the truths of God's word. Can't recommend AWMI enough and it's great because - even when your worn to the bone - you can sit back and watch his lessons free of charge - anytime you want.