Author Thread: Confused Somewhat...
Admin

Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 9 Sep, 2009 09:16 PM

I'm kind of confused on why I would act this and say things when in a conversation talking to a guy friend. I had recently told this person that all we were meant to be was friends. Today, we were talking and he was telling me about a girl who know who I guess is like convinced she should marry him. In a way, I guess you could call what said kind of defensive maybe. It was just somewhere a long the lines of talking to God as I was kind of assuming a lot of things. I just got a weird feeling and I still kind of have that weird feeling.

ian777

View Profile
History
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:33 AM

Hey Miss Christie;

sorry for this, but I got confused by your post - who said what and who was thinking what? I know, I know - it's annoying you can't edit these posts after you've made them. There's a lot of grammar and missing "I"'s, "he"'s and such, and I got lost as to who was saying/thinking/wondering what...?

Could you reiterate again?

Thanks,

Ian

View Profile
History
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 01:09 PM

wow! sorry for that. i just reread my post and i guess thats what i get for not rereading before i hit the post button. well i try this again. i'll just copy and paste and fix what needs to be fixed.

-----

I'm kind of confused on why I would act this and say things when in a conversation talking to a guy friend. I had recently told him that all we were meant to be was friends. Today, we were talking and he was telling me about a girl who I guess is like convinced she should marry him. In a way, I guess you could call what I said kind of defensive, maybe. It was just somewhere a long the lines of talking to God as I was kind of assuming a lot of things. I just got a weird feeling and I still kind of have that weird feeling.

-----

well hope this helps a little.

ian777

View Profile
History
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 06:16 PM

Okay, lemme see if I can figer this out then: You get a wierd feeling being around him? Like he wants more than friendship, but you said it's friends only? you think he was referring to you when he said there was a girl who is convinced she should marry him?

I'm still trying to sort out heads and tails of what you're saying - sorry about that.

Ian

View Profile
History
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 10 Sep, 2009 09:16 PM

well, i guess im not very good at this. no, not me in the marrying part. he told me that and i got a weird feeling almost like screaming or something. i just kind of didn't know what to say.

no, i don't necessarily get a weird feeling as im talking to him it is actually kind of fun. there was a point at where i know he was thinking maybe more then friends and so was i then he said we are just to be friends but kept flirting. then i knew i was only supposed to be friends.

the main part where im not sure is y i would have a weird feeling when he was talking about taking this girl up on marrying him.

ian777

View Profile
History
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 07:13 AM

OoooOOoOohhhh! Gotcha. Well that could be just plain and simple discernment! The Holy Spirit showing you something. The question is, are you supposed to tell him, or just sit back and pray that he gets the same feeling and figures it out?

Or (to be provocative) is it just a little bit of jealousy...? I'm not suggesting anything! Honest! I'm just asking a brutally honest, thought-provoking question to get you to examine yourself, nothing more, nothing less. I know I like it when my friends do that to me (grin)

Ian

View Profile
History
Confused Somewhat...
Posted : 11 Sep, 2009 12:01 PM

Well, to be honest when it happened i asked myself, 'am i getting a little bit jealous?' i didn't really think much after that about cuz i didn't want to confuse myself or really think about. i didn't know what to do or reallly say to him for matter whether or not it is/was jealousy. I'm still not sure but I think I'll still have to do some searching.