Author Thread: Do you hide?
Admin

Do you hide?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 06:20 PM

I think one of the classic cries of the single is that there are no eligible Christians in their church. I know you'll hear me say that, and I've heard that of girl friends (not to be confused with girlfriends) in the past.

So, assuming that the claim is false (depsite experience to the contrary), where are all of the eligible people hiding?

(For the record, eligible is more than being a single Christian with whom a monogumous, heterosexual relationship could occur.)

View Profile
History
Do you hide?
Posted : 19 Sep, 2009 11:33 PM

You need to get out there, and with the Spirit.

Best place to meet like minded prospects is at weeknight bible studies at neighboring churches. The people who attend these usually have a strong relationship with the Lord. Which helps them feel secure in building a relationship with you. Plus you have an easy date set up, just ask them to go out for coffee afterwards and discuss the bible lessons further, or work on the next week's lesson. You will end up talking about eachother.

The next best place is through meetup.com. Do a search for "Christian" and you will find many activity groups (or some at least) that fellowship in a myriad of ways. And again, most of the attendees have a strong relationship with God, and they are quite friendly and easy to relate to.

Another choice is to visit other church's sunday service and sunday school. As long as you participate in the sunday school, you will get noticed and have a way to connect after the class. Just be nice and friendly, with wit and humor. Be selfless--- talk about them and ask them questions. Also, introduce yourself to others before and after the main service. I am amazed at how many couples met at church.

Finally, I have gone to parks with a blanket, Christian music playing from loud from a boombox, some food and snacks, and bibles, tracts, books. Spread everything out over a couple blankets so people feel comfortable looking at different things. I pray for the Lord to send people to share Him with AND HE DOES EVERYTIME. People will just come up to share or ask about your faith. And if you are really blessed, a great Christian of the opposite sex may decide to hang and help field questions. Tell them that you will see them next week with a great big smile... and you are on your way to an unimaginable adventure in the Lord.

Everyone of these God involved avenues will be blessed if you open your heart to the Father sincerly beforehand. "You do not have, because you do not ask".

View Profile
History
Do you hide?
Posted : 20 Sep, 2009 01:06 PM

Wow, that was not even remotely the question I asked.

I get that some of the people on this site are very whiney and have next to chance in the dating market; however, my question was "where are you hiding?"

In Seattle, for example, Christian men out number the Christian women 3 to 1 in church; where as in the South, the Christian women out number the Christian men in churches 3 to 1.

So, once again, where are you hiding in church? This is a personal question that only you can answer. If you have advice, post it somewhere else, since that isn't what this question is asking. I'm not even looking for speculation about where you think eligible dating partners can be found.

So, assuming you're involved in God's ministry, regularly go to church, and do participate in sunday school/small group/etc, where are you hiding (and thereby preventing) people in these same environments from taking note of you or approaching you? (This is as much for the men to ponder as the women.)