Author Thread: why attractions happened?
Admin

why attractions happened?
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 01:55 AM

Why someone we like is not for us? and someone we don't attracted with is the one that is sincere on us?

In finding a mate there should be an attraction but why sometimes we fall into a wrong guy? Why we fall inlove into a guy that is not the one that God's prepared for us? Why we can't accept the love of others that show sincerity? With out intention we sometimes hurt someone's feeling because we're not attracted on them and we also get hurt when we fall inlove into someone that is fake. I always ask God why He let me falling inlove into a guy that in the end will hurt me..

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 04:25 PM

If we accepted the love of a man/women just because they were sincere , yet we didnt personally take In interest In them .then you might as well just call it settling....and why settle and be miserable for the rest of your life? or actually If that were to be the case then more then likely It would end In divorce and do alot of damage to both people Involved. I would rather let somebody know and hurt them un-Intentionly...then lead them on.

As for feeling somethng for somebody who Isnt for us..thats just a part of life..but dont dwell on It..It will only make matters worse..take It with a grain of salt and move on and just imagine what Its gonna be like when you meet that special somebody that shares the same attraction for you as you do him. ..you will be glad that you didnt allow yourself to get all bent out of shape trying to win that guy over that God hasnt prepared for you.

God knows who Is gonna be best suited for you and he will bring somebody that will help compliment you (your weaknesses & strengths and so forth) as you will for that man.

I believe that the devil himself tempts us with counterfits (not God's best) to try and get us to settle for less then God's best for us...Thats not always the case though..sometimes we bring It all on ourselves! (I've done that many times)

Just stay strong In there Lord..He will bring you through as he as me..many times!

Tabetha

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 10:24 PM

Thanks for the insights..

this helps me broader my views about love.:hearts:

You're a kind person... and no wonder why God loves U so much.

and I'm happy for U coz you're inlove now. :hearts:

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 11:04 PM

Thank you for the compliments. Although, I'm not to sure where you got that I am In love??..did I make It sound that way In my post?? oh man..why cant this site have a delete button on forum post? lol I'm getting myself Into some trouble with my post...I quit! lol just kidding!

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Sep, 2009 11:49 PM

It is all a lot of effort to find a really good match.

So know that, get bust, and go with the flow.

Before my marriage, when I was 31, I started seeking a wife. It took 3 years and I had to "meet" 200 Ladys just to find 3 candidates. And they were very good matches.

Some meetings in the search were just small talk on the street or in a store (but I really tried). Some were blind dates, or dates I set up. Some were internet relationships. Many were from different church's bible study groups.

The point is that I only really got involved when it was soo clear that they were a great candidate. And it was so obvious that they were. Everything went smooth and easy. We liked eachother very much. A strong physical attraction. Compatible interests and beliefs.

So get busy meeting many, many people... and never worry about rejection, it just takes 1 away from the 200. If you een think there is a chance that it might work with someone --- GO FOR IT ! You have nothing at all to lose and everything to gain!

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Oct, 2009 10:10 AM

ATTRACTIONS

For almost all men - we are first visually attracted - or attracted by a womans beauty or the physical characteristics we like.

For me the attraction might be mainly her smile, put in most if not all cases - she has to have somewhat of a pretty face and a nice shape. Although I have specific preferences with regard to all of the parts of a woman (lol). But beauty of course does not take the place of a good heart & mind.

Secondly, as human beings and not just as men, I think we look for a compatable personality. A personality that is apporachable and pleasant.

For me I look for those first, although the really important thing is does she believe the word of God and have an at least somewhat renewed mind. And along with that goes the question as to whether or not she really believes the same principles that I do - which come from the word.

It surprises me how much importance many people place on enjoying the same type of activities. Obviously for some people I can see why that's important, but I think that's usually rather shallow and those are women I would usually avoid.

I say that because spending time together, praying & studying the word should always be the most important thing.