Author Thread: Consequences of Extramarital Relationships without repentance: Proverbs 6 v 32 & 33
Admin

Consequences of Extramarital Relationships without repentance: Proverbs 6 v 32 & 33
Posted : 1 Feb, 2022 11:04 AM

Consequences of extramarital relationships without repentance: Proverbs 6 v 32 & 33:

"But he who commits adultery with a woman is devoid of sense, he who wants to ruin himself acts in this way, he will only have wounds and ignominy, and his reproach will not be erased".

The ideal woman: Proverb 31 v 10 to 31: We must choose well, while being lucid about ourselves, aware of our own state.

Single or marriage: 1 Corinthians 7 v 7:

"I wish all men were like me, but each has a special gift from God, one in one way, another in another."

Be careful not to pressure people into marriage, celibacy is just as honorable (except in some countries). Churches should care for singles as well as couples. Before a boy declares his feelings to a young girl, it is best that he tell his own parents, as well as the elders of the congregation, in order to pray with them about it. The girl should do the same after the boy proposes to her.

A difficult passage, 1 Corinthians 7 v 36 to 38:

"But if anyone thinks that he is acting unbecoming towards his virgin, if he is overflowing with passion and it should be so, let him do what he wants, he does not sin; that they get married.

But the one who is determined in his heart, without compulsion and in full possession of his will, and who has decided in his heart to respect his virgin, that one will do well.

Thus, he who marries his virgin does well, he who does not marry her will do better.

It is usually explained as follows: In Paul's time, man exercised all rights over his home. It was he who decided whether his daughters would marry or not. They couldn't do it without his permission. So this verse would say that if a man denies his daughter the right to marry, he does well, and if he allows her to marry, he is not sinning.

Such an interpretation would have had no interest for Christians contemporary with the apostle. Moreover, it does not fit well into the immediate context of this chapter. Finally, it is very dark.

Different translations put “fiancé(e)” for “virgin”. The thought would then be the following: If a man marries his (promised) fiancée, he does not sin, if he renounces it, he does better. Such an interpretation raises many difficulties.

The word virgin (parthenos) can also be translated as “virginity”. Under these conditions, the passage would not speak of a man's virgin daughter, but of his own virginity. Paul would therefore say that if a man decides to remain a virgin by not marrying he does well, but if he chooses to marry he is not sinning.

Darby's translation reads: "If any man thinks that he is acting improperly with regard to her virginity, and that she is past the flower of her age, and it must be so let him do what he will: He sins not, let them marry: but he who holds fast in his heart, and is not under the sway of necessity, but is master of his own free will and has decided in his heart to keep his own virginity, does well. Thus, and he who marries does well, and he who does not marry better".

Let's go back to v 36 and examine it in the light of what precedes. We believe he is saying this: If a man has come of age and does not think he has the gift of continence, he does not sin by marrying. He feels that the need pushes him to act in this way, that he does what he wants, in this case to get married.

A living parable:

Ephesians 5 v 22 to 33: It is easy for a wife who is loved by her husband to submit to him. Following the example of Jesus Christ, the husband must be ready to die to himself for the love of his wife. The faithful church is the bride of Christ. He is coming soon to pick her up for the wedding. Hallelujah all glory with Jesus Christ.

If you need to talk to me texting me at : [email protected]

you are welcome

Please no scammers don't hesitate to text me you will blocked immediately whatever way. Left the others person who want Advisers. Contact me.

Be blessed in the name of Yeshoua.