Author Thread: What are we on this site for????
mariangela

View Profile
History
What are we on this site for????
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 03:27 AM

What are we on this site for????Are we here to meet a partner???So I thought? And boy oh boy, did I have a rude awakening by some....There are two types of men here in my opinion...Either, some that take a chance to pretend they are christians just to find a woman. Which I am totally not interested, and I can pick that up immediatly. But what makes me mad...really cross...is that there are some men out there, that say that they are looking for a wife, woman, but then,,, and then they get a marriage block later on,,,,they say oh in about a year or two, or maybe this or that. Really why does one waste time and emotions, and lie about what they want, AND post them selves as honest men, that are looking for a wife....I dont understand the psychology of this. Why do they bother to come to a site like this then...Do they like putting people through a emotional rollercoster. What do you think??? I honestly have come close to leaving this site because of this. ARE THESE PEOPLE NOT EVEN HONEST WITH THEM SELVES....AND THE JOKE IS IT USUSALLY MEN IN THEIR 50's

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 05:31 AM

It seems as though you will find some on the internet, that after two or three days of talking that you are destined to be married, which of course could be, but most are wise enough to know that you should give yourselves time and build a relationship that will stand the tests and trials of this world, especially when you have children involved. It is not hard to marry someone but many find it hard to stay married when they don't put spiritual matters first. If it is a year later do you suppose that is a negative thing. The bible does say there is a time and a season for all things. Just my humble thoughts.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 05:46 AM

I would like to Add i have meet a woman on this site that would make a wonderful wife.

Inkabink

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 07:21 AM

I feel your pain. I had a guy on this site contact me and I fell in love with him and was ready to marry him, and then one day out of nowhere his WIFE emailed me. I was beyond crushed and in complete shock.

But I still believe there are sincere, good men here. Anything worth finding is worth seeking and working and fighting for, in my opinion. I've learned to ask questions, to listen to my instincts, and to seek GOD'S guidance above everything else. Ignoring "that little voice" is the worst thing you can ever do.

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 08:48 AM

I agree with you. I think that on this site there are a lot of chancers, that all they want to do is hurt you. And yes I agree that we should be more vigilant, more protective of our selves, and our emotions, Its the last time I will ever allow a person to hurt me again like this. I have once again learned from experience, Someone, encouraged me today, saying that this site also teaches you about yourself, and that is so true, I become so trusting at times, I fail to see reality. Thank you for your post and all the best for your future.

Linnie41

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 11:37 AM

I'm more than willing to be hurt however many times it takes for God to get me where He wants me. Every time it happens, I learn a little more, grow a little more, and find out just how strong He has made me and how powerful and "enough" His love really is.

I spent almost 6 months just picking out my couch. I think it's going to take a little longer to find the person I'll spend my life with. Lol

Blessings,

Lynn

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 11:45 AM

to each his own Lyn, i took two seconds to buy my couch. I do not procrastinate, ..If I know that God wants me to do something I dont dilly dally...

God Bless you

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 12:10 PM

I like the maturity of Phillip's answer, thanks for saying that.

I think there are ALL kinds of people on here as well as out there but yes, it is easier when you can watch body language and behavior in person. The key is "discernment" that God gave all that are His~~but we get caught up in the emotion of things and that is where we miss the Lord's still, small voice. He won't steer us wrong if we~~listen. I am guilty of this in the past~~

I got married in "fever" meaning too fast like a few months in my second marriage and did not know ALL about him by doing that. You can't get to know someone in two or three months~~Take a least six months to get to know them~~like I said in the other thread here~~how do they act in heavy traffic?~around kids~how was their relationship with mom and dad? ~ Did they deal with past issues in a healthy way?~Are they complete without you?~beware of posts like "I need a mate to complete me"~ No, to compliment you~Needy people will drain you and not be happy within themselves~~Hopefully, we can all learn from each other and let God be our Guide on here and everywhere. Grace to all of you searchers~~:purpleangel:

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 12:36 PM

One more thing I would like to add to this :

And I am only talking to Christians here, not to the outside world,

It is through faith that we get married with someone, and believe that we will be intimately compatiable. Right??????

If the answer will be Yes...

Then why is it not through faith amd faith alone will a marriage of two believers work out????

Why do we segragate things as Christians,

Why when it suits men, its by faith, and when it does not suit them its well we will wait and see....That to me is double standards,,,

Believe me, I am not saying jump in and get married right away,,,but I believe there is a lot of contradiction in the actions of a few, and they use the word of God, as a shield.

With this regard, I would never use my children as a excuse, or time ir anything...I would rather say the truth, yes or no...

When I decide in something that I know its good, I dont disect it till I get all the blood and juices out so that I can confirm that its good for me...That is not faith. Faith in my opinion is something that you do not see or have in front of you, that you trust God 1000000 percent that it will work out. To me thats faith...

mariangela

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 12:40 PM

And for past experience when I have used that faith blindly, I have always had success, when I overanalysed something till death, thats when I have had failure.

Successful people do not procrastinate, and question God,

If I had to do that everytime God told me to do something I would be nowhere in my life.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Sep, 2009 03:10 PM

Sounds like you are letting off steam over something here. The fear of commitment all men seem to have.

But then you said 50 yr old men are a joke? i do not agree with that.

Many of the people that come here are divorced Christians and sometimes shunned by some churches singles groups.

This site is like big room full of people mingling around, looking at each other and hoping someone will notice them. I like to see what others say on the forums and see how they react to others. But as a 50+ believer some things have changed and other things couldn't be better. :yay:

Page : 1 2 3 4 5