Author Thread: The Engagement must built in the Holiness before the marriage
Pierre234^

View Profile
History
The Engagement must built in the Holiness before the marriage
Posted : 18 Aug, 2022 08:24 AM

THE ENGAGEMENTS.

The engagement begins after you have chosen your future spouse. I insists that it is essential that this choice be made with certainty, according to the conviction of God. By definition, an engagement is a mutual promise of marriage. In other words, it is the commitment that a man and a woman make to get married. It is a declared reciprocal intention. It must be clear: the brother asked the sister to marry him, and she said yes.

Engagement is not marriage, but preparation for marriage. They should not be limited to a beautiful period of "life in pink", romantic and exciting. It is a serious time when the foundations of marriage are laid. Engagements are not to be taken lightly. If you do it wrong, it will reverberate in your future home.

The engagement is a time when the future spouses get to know each other better and love each other with a genuine love that many waters cannot extinguish, and that rivers cannot overwhelm (Song of Songs 8:7). Do not wait at the wedding to discover the character of the other, what he (she) likes or does not like, his priorities etc. Don't hide your flaws just because you want to get married. That would be building your relationship on a lie.

A relationship built by God is based on truth. If there are behaviors to correct, you have time to do it before the wedding. This is why it is imperative that engaged couples spend time in prayer: Pray that the Lord will enable you to assume your future responsibilities; pray for your future children and your relationships with your future beautiful families. To pray during the engagement is to smooth out the complex ground of marriage.

Engagements do not have a standard length. However, an engagement that is too short or too long presents dangers. When the engagement is too short, the engaged couple does not have enough time to get to know each other better and prepare to face marital challenges. The first year of marriage should be a honeymoon period, not a time for adaptations that can create frustrations, sometimes irrecoverable.

In addition, many commit to an engagement that is too long because they think they are not financially ready. The real reason is that they want grand weddings beyond their means. Marriage is supposed to be a big celebration, yes. But that doesn't mean you have to go broke just because you want to impress. The most important thing is to unite.

The longer the engagement lasts, the more the desire to have sex is activated. This is how many fall. Marriage is a holy union, entering it defiled has consequences. There are problems that some couples experience that are related to the fact that they knew each other sexually before getting married. Sincere repentance is necessary in order to break this bond.

As engaged couples, you will have to put safeguards on yourselves so as not to fall into fornication: avoid advanced kisses and caresses which stimulate sexual instincts; avoid being alone in places such as bedrooms and isolated places.

God is the master of times and circumstances, it is he who should fix the duration of your engagement. “He does everything good in his time; (Ecclesiastes 3:11).

“Two people cannot be engaged if they have not promised to marry each other.”

I pray that God watches over your partner in the mighty name of Jesus! May God provide you with the necessary means to achieve your marriage in the mighty name of Jesus! Let every idea of ​​separation be null and void in the mighty name of Jesus! May the Holy Spirit shield your relationship in the mighty name of Jesus!

Brother Pierre a servant of God single and until I'm not find my soulmate I'm on my knees in front God: day by nights.