Author Thread: It has been a year...
Admin

It has been a year...
Posted : 14 May, 2008 12:27 PM

I believe wholeheartedly in the power of prayer, and I've seen it work in my life, but right now I really need some back up. I don't have a church at home, and even if I did I'm unable to go due to my work schedule... So I'm going to put myself out there to all of you because though I'm not really acquainted with any of you, you are my brothers and sisters, and one of the only Christian influences in my life right now.

With that said... I graduated from college a year ago... I've sent out hundreds of resumes all over the world in search of a job. A year later I'm still working retail. I've been seeking God for His will in my life, but I can't help but feel discouraged.

A month ago my grandfather passed away, it was then that I saw a reason for me to still be where I am. I'm very strong when it comes to hard situations and I was the one that handled most of the arrangements and family.

About two weeks after my grandfather's passing, my dream job opened up. I've applied and still haven't heard anything. Please pray for God's will and guidance. More importantly I'm struggling with discouragement and the feeling of failure. Please pray for a release from this.

I know God will get the glory from whatever occurs in my life... I just really need His strength right now to weather the storm.

Thank you and God Bless.

Phoenixique

View Profile
History
It has been a year...
Posted : 15 May, 2008 07:02 PM

May the peace of the LORD be with you, Phoenixique. I've added you to my prayer list and have some scripture verses that may add strength. But first, know it's alright to cry or giref for your grandfather. When we experience losses in our lives we try our best not to cry. GOD created us to cry; it washes away pain and hurt from the loss of our loved ones.

It may help if you place these verses on index cards where you can pull them out when you're feeling down or just need strength to endure;

Colossians 2:10- you are complet in HIM who is the Head of all principality & power

Isaiah 54:14 You are far from oppression and fear does not come near you.

Ephesians 6:16 taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.

Colossians 1:13 HE has delivered us from the power of darkness & translated into GOD'S Kingdom

2 Timothy 1:9 HE who has saved us & called us to a holy calling, not according to our works but to HIS own purpose & grace which was given to us in CHRIST JESUS before time began

I pray these will lift you up, Phoenizique and remember, you are covered in prayer. GOD bless you abundantly.

T:goofball:mie