Author Thread: Marks of Integrity
Admin

Marks of Integrity
Posted : 24 May, 2008 07:49 AM

Yesterday, I had occasion to speak with a woman who was, well, quite disturbed. She seemed to be in a fog about her life. She told me she had been alone most of her life, and that each time she tried to be in a relationship, it always ended the same. As we talked, I realized she was hiding behind a mask of denial. Not denial of what had happened, only the details. She refused to see that most of this was due to the fact she was a critical person, never finding satisfaction with others. Always looking behind each heart always suspecting always waiting for the next shoe to drop. Refusing to acknowledge the truth of herself. It is so easy for us to realize what others are doing, but when it comes to our own faults, well, we seem to make excuses for them. We did this and that because so and so was......fill in the blanks.

I think what we lack is integrity. God points out several marks of itegrity.

An excellent attitude!

Faithfulness and diligence at work!

Personal purity of the highest caliber

Consistency with your walk with God.

We are the surgeons! We hold the scalpel in our hands. Self examination is really up to you! It is imperative, for the it is biblical.

Only you can do the surgery on your soul, only you. No one else can really know the truth. You can cover up, twist the facts in your mind, rationalize, and ignore, and no one will know the difference-no one except you! But, if you really want to strengthen your grip on integrity, you will come to terms with the WHOLE truth, regardless of the consequences.

Sometimes, as Daniel, you will end up in the lions' den, but guess what! GOD is there also!