Author Thread: It seems hard to connect on this site better to give a message or wink?
Admin

It seems hard to connect on this site better to give a message or wink?
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 04:43 PM

To me there seems to still that fear of online dating. What do we expect from online dating? Am wondering what am looking for in a women is it possible. Are there still bold Christians with a sensitive spirit?

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 10:35 PM

Here's my thoughts on the message/wink thing

If you're a guy, send a message. There's no reason for you to just wink; it's your job to make contact. Sure, a lot of messages go unanswered, but that's how it goes.

If you're a girl, send a message or a wink if you're interested. If I see that a girl viewed my profile but did not send a message or a wink, there's not a chance I'm going to try to contact her. I wouldn't say a girl is obligated to send the first message, but she is obligated to wink if she's interested.

If anyone thinks differently I'd be happy to hear why.

View Profile
History
Posted : 8 Nov, 2009 10:57 PM

All honesty, I think you are cutting girls slack.

I'm not trying to discriminate against my fellow females.. but, honestly, if a girl can not be bold enough to message you to let you know she's even the slighest bit interested--there's something wrong there.

So many girls think they need to be "mysterious", so they shouldn't send a message or a wink..

but, seriously now? you are on a Christian "dating" site--why else would you be on here? ya kno?

And, I just want to add this--why is it so hard to get a response back when a girl actually emails a guy? I come from a family that raised me on the beliefs to get to know someone before I form an opinion. Even if you think you're not gonna be interested--at least send a response back. Let her know whatever it is that you're feeling. Because, that right there is complete and utter honesty. Not enough guys realize what a huge difference this makes with any girl. Some guys are afraid to tell the complete truth because they go off and assume that they will hurt the girls feelings.. but, when you get right down to it--would you rather her feel ignored or have her know the truth? even if she wouldn't like it? I'm the type of girl who likes a guy who can be completly honest about anything and everything. And, to find a guy like that is so rare these days.

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 11:57 PM

i honestly dont know what the hype is all about with the "winks". i mean, if you're the least bit interested in someone, you liked their profile, but you just dont know what to say or you dont want to sound cliche'...send em a wink, if they respond, then theres a window for communication. i dont always know what to say in the first message, so i may send a wink and let him decide if hes interested.

i mean, personally i like messages better myself, but if someone sends me a wink im not offended haha.