Author Thread: "The Miracle" - Pigeon Forge, TN
Admin

"The Miracle" - Pigeon Forge, TN
Posted : 23 Oct, 2009 10:17 PM

I just got home from a short vacation to the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee and I'd just like to say that it was absolutely GLORIOUS!!

I love taking nature photos and it was such a blessing!! I took over 400 pics in one day!! It is so absolutely beautiful!! There is something to do for anyone!!

While I was there, I attended the Black Bear Jamboree and was pleasantly surprised when they sang gospel music and praised the Lord!! It was wonderful!!

The most amazing experience I had was at the Miracle Theater watching "The Miracle". There are no words to describe it as a whole - God inspired would be the closest. I cannot give enough praise to the cast, writer, producer, etc.

If anyone is looking for a good, Christian, family-oriented vacation experience.....Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is the way to go!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 11:23 PM

Thank you for sharing. I was in AL last year & also got over to GA for a brief visit, but I missed getting to TN & was hoping to visit Pigeon Forge & the Smokey Mtns. Now I know I'll have to plan a return trip! :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 07:57 AM

Yes!! It was GREAT!!

There are plenty of hotels/motels in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. If you'd want to gear your trip more towards hiking and seeing the beautiful nature scenes and such, I'd recommend staying in one of the cabins!! Breath-taking views!!

However, if you'd gear your trip more about shopping and shows and such, my advice would be to stay in the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. You can walk just about where ever you want to go; some places would be a hike, but it's mostly on flat land, no mountains to climb. Haha!

If you need anymore info, just let me know!! I'd be happy to help you out!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Oct, 2009 08:39 PM

Thx, I'm not planning any trips at this time. I have a friend in AL & the plan was to get a cabin/chalet & just hang out. I like both ideas--hiking & shopping/shows--so who know, it could end up being an extensive trip! I also wanted to go to Dollywood, so that is something to consider too. I still have all these places saved under my Favorites, including Gatlinburg. Well as it turned out, I had lodging taken care of in AL, was able to rent a car for a week, & so toured the State--Tuscumbia (childhood home & birthplace of Helen Keller; also my profile pic & a long-time dream for me to visit this place), Huntsville (U.S. Space & Rocket Center)--then to GA where I visited Stone Mt. It was a great couple of road trips, then back to home base in AL. I definitely enjoy the south. Well, thx for the scoop & hope to take you up on your offer sometime. OH, & I fell in love w/catfish--soooooo good!! :eat:

Take care,

Janet :waving: