Author Thread: What makes a single ministry work?
Admin

What makes a single ministry work?
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 12:14 PM

Let me know what you think. I have been reading books and praying over this since God has given a passion for the lost. I think the reason so many young christians leave the church is connection and approach the church delivers the message. in my experience most messages are simple bible stories with some moral or instruction to how you should change your life to the final goal. I believe the christian walk is dynamic and must lived out know and not in the future. To reach singles messages must relate to today world, a definite connection to the old and new testament, and must be interactive though experiencing God. i know this is alot to think about but let me know. it will help in my ministry. God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 24 Oct, 2009 11:40 PM

Hey, man. I was going to answer your question, or expound on it anyway, but I was afraid I was misinterpreting it. The grammar is kinda bad. Could you ask it again for me? Certain parts don't make sense. Thanks.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 06:27 PM

I apologize for my English it always been bad. I believe the main reason why so many young Christians leave the church is the approach. Churches tend to teach to simple and not challenge Christians in their walk and beliefs. They are afraid to ask the tough questions like Why is their evil when God is always good. A young adult ministry must ask the tough questions, challenge students by teaching the whole bible and not only the new testament, and teach bible studies that young adults relate too. These bible studies must attack or talk about young adult issues like courting and dealing with temptation.

God bless

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 07:56 PM

Oh ok. I agree with you, in part. I think that the reason most churches use simple messages on Sundays is because of the audience they are hoping to receive. They are usually hoping for visitors to come in and listen to what being a christian is all about. I will have to say, though, that you have a good idea for a young adult ministry. Once you get the basics down, it is crucial to continue growing in your faith. The harder questions should start arising. To be honest... I think it would be cool if a church had a basic service for visitors and some of the regulars, and then following this "basic" service, if there was a more intense service for those who already have a certain level of spiritual maturity. Anyone is invited, but only those who are honestly seeking God in the world will find any interest in it. You bring up a very good point. That is one thing I haven't been able to find, in neither a church or a Bible study. It is something that I experienced a little bit in school (Biblical studies) and on forum sites relating to the faith. Good post.

deepndaft

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 06:14 AM

Hey dude,

I've been doing an evangelistic work with 0 -30 year olds for the past 6 years. It's been pretty successful so far, so hopefully I can help you.

If you don't mind me asking a few questions:

1: Who are you trying to reach? I.e., what age, ethnicity, gender (is it all men, girls, or both?) What is their spiritual background (have they ever heard the Gospel, or are they brand new to church? Perhaps they've been 'churched', but never challenged to make a personal decision?)

2: What is the area? Is there a principal ethnicity bias? (i.e., mostly hispanic, white, african?). Is it a poor area? Rich? Are there many churches around?

3: How are the churches in the area? Are they interested in evangelism? Would they be supportive of, threatened by or indifferent to a new evangelistic work in their area? Do they have any practical or spiritual impact on the area?

I know it's a lot of questions, but it all can have a huge effect on your ministry.

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Dec, 2009 03:25 PM

Personality.

Most of them work, if you can call it that, by friends inviting friends, and the leader starts off inviting friends. Sorry, but that's really the way it works. It grows because it's fun. You want to have a successful singles ministry, make sure there's lot of fun.

I dont' think that's the way it is supposed to work though. I don't think Jesus or Paul had single's ministries. I can't recall any verse that tells us to divide by ages. That is a modern approach and it is not good in my opinion. At least, not for teaching the Bible. For socializing I guess it's okay a little bit.

The Bible should be lived, but it isn't very often. A ministry is from the Word and leaders should live it first.

Chris