Author Thread: what not to do
Admin

what not to do
Posted : 27 Oct, 2009 04:05 PM

dear folks, there are a few things folks should know when it comes to public forums..

you dont air out your dirty laundry on them.. its perfectly ok to tell stories of things that have happened to you but to name names along with the story thats wrong..

theres a rule here about insulting others.. thats part of why you shouldnt name names .. as it can get you banned from the site..

the other part is if you name names and you dont have solid proof of any said accusations then you become liable for them and it could cost you big time in real life.. as it is slander if its not the truth and you have proof of that truth..

so if youve been done wrong take it to administration and let them handle it.. or if a crime has been committed against you then also take it to the police..

there are alot of wrongs that can happen in life.. and online... but if every woman or man thats been scorned was allowed to come out and name names and bash their ex gf or bf then well it wouldnt be much of a christian site .. in my opinion.. and thats part of why the rules are there.. no insults..

so if a friend of yours or you or i get hurt by another we need to take the proper steps and tell administration first. then the police if nesecery.. and tell your friends in private if you must.. but dont do it on a public forum.. or the cops could be comin to see you..

so if you need to tell your story abide by the rules and dont name names on the public forums.. and youll be fine..

plus it could keep you out of some serious trouble with the law ....

if someones truely bad then administration will definitely handle it for you.. they are good about that here..

and if someones committed a crime then the police need to be informed and they need to be in jail..

ole cattle

Tarasye

View Profile
History
what not to do
Posted : 28 Oct, 2009 05:13 AM

Amen Ole Cattle, and try to remember as Christians, it is important to be tolerant and forgiving of each other, slow to anger and quick to pardon. We are taught this, not so much to let others off the hook so to speak, but to let go of the bitterness so it does not consume us, and it also empowers God to work on that other person for better or worse. Knowing when to back away and when to take action is a gift we should all pray for because it is so much easier to shoot from the hip than to practice what we know really is the Christian thing to do. Calling people out to destroy them is rarely the best way to handle a situation with anyone.

If its not your cup of tea, politely say so and walk away. Maintain your dignity and grace. Bitterness spills over like acid on both the person dumping it and the one on the receiving end of it, and frankly it makes most people hesitant to get involved with either person.

So show maturity, dignity, and grace, pray about the appropriate way to handle a situation, and maybe even send a private email to a neutral party that you respect and ask advice.

Ole Cattle is right on with this, moderators are here to help us, and authorities to protect us if our rights have been violated under the law.

You might even try one last interesting thing here, pray for your enemy. If you never have, try it sometime, genuinely pray for the Lord to intervene and help your enemy find a better path toward happiness and joy in Him, and mean it. It truly is powerful, and I have seen such prayers change people for the better in short order. Remember, God loves your enemy, even when you don't.

The world teaches us to handle our problems one way, the Bible another. Try the Biblical perspective on it sometime, and Trust in the Lord, He won't let you down.

Tarasye

View Profile
History
what not to do
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 06:24 PM

I agree ole' cattle.I have noticed that when I was a newcomer I was not treated very nice by some.More recently a newcomer was run off.I did support the new comer.I believe we should ask such people why they believe that way instead of throw insults at them.

View Profile
History
what not to do
Posted : 29 Oct, 2009 07:30 PM

dear tara and dg , thank you both for your responses..

dg you are right in that they tune you out once you do that and become defencive and wil not be receptive to what you have to teach on why you believe what you do..

i think its important to look at ourselves and make sure that we dont get to where we think that we cant be taught by anyone.. as thats the day we really become unteachable..

ole cattle

View Profile
History
what not to do
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 10:03 AM

I know this is off the topic.But I got an interview Firday for a job.I will know the 1st week in November weather I have the job or not.I am tired of being unemployed.Dennis