Author Thread: Are all marriages arranged by God
Happy2222

View Profile
History
Are all marriages arranged by God
Posted : 31 Oct, 2009 06:32 PM

Adam and Eve didn't have a choice in marriage.

Adam still blamed God for the woman He gave him, who caused him to sin.

Is marriage really freewill any more than the type of children we get?

Shalom

Dan

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 02:11 PM

Here is what God showed me about divorce when I divorced my husband who I stayed with for 27 years through much drugging, mental abuse and adultery. God doesn't hate the DIVORCE, He hates the TREACHERY that causes it and the King James version says: Malachi 2:16

For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that he hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously.

It IS ALLOWED for the right reasons, let's remember that he hates the sins that cause it~~ And abuse is abandonment of the contract also since the one abusing is not cleaving and is treacherous~~ Mark10:2-12~~"And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away.

"And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh.

"What therefore God hath joined together, let no man put asunder. And in the house his disciples asked him again of the same matter. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery." (KJV) . God Himself divorced Israel for her unfaithfulness:

In Isaiah 50:1 and Jeremiah 3:8 God says He divorced Israel. In both of these passages He uses the word kariythuwth which is only, and specifically, used for a legal termination of marriage. This can not be interpreted to mean anything other than what it says � God divorced Israel.

How can it be that God can get a divorce in the face of persistent unfaithfulness, while insisting that believers can never get a divorce for any reason? Human marriage is a type of the relationship between God and man � not the other way around.

God�s example is that persistent, unrepentant unfaithfulness to the marital covenant may necessitate divorce � just as He did Himself.

It all goes back to freewill and the choices God allows up to make.

He said Himself that we are to ask, seek and knock according to Matthew 7:7-8. Will He direct and give us a compatible mate? I believe it according to His word IF we ask, seek and knock~~

Matthew 7:6-8

Is it true that God has given us a blank check to ask anything of Him just as one might ask a genie in a fairy tale? Some may misunderstand this to be the case, but I John 5:14 qualifies what He will grant: "Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us." Real prayer is communion with God, and what is necessary for communion are common thoughts between His mind and ours.

What we need is for Him to fill our minds and hearts with His thoughts. Then His desires will become our desires flowing back to Him in the form of prayer. James 4:3 confirms this: "You ask and do not receive, because you ask amiss, that you may spend it on your pleasures." If we ask amiss, we are certainly not asking according to His will, and we will not receive.

But does not Jesus say in John 16:23, "[W]hatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you"? He most assuredly does, but we still do not have a carte blanche. To ask God for anything in the name of Jesus Christ, it must be in keeping with what He is. To ask in Christ's name is to ask as though Christ Himself were asking. Therefore, we can only ask for what Christ Himself would ask. It is therefore necessary to set aside our own will and accept God's. Jesus says in John 8:29: "And He who sent Me is with Me. The Father has not left Me alone, for I always do those things that please Him." If we do as Jesus did, we are sure to receive answers as He did. He adds in John 11:41-42: "Father, I thank you that You have heard Me. And I know that You always hear Me."

We must come away with the realization that prayer is not dictating to God, but a humble and heartfelt expression of our attitude of dependency and need. Because of this, the one who truly prays is submissive to God's will, content with Him supplying his need according to the dictates of His sovereign pleasure. The result of this, combined with the infusion of God's attitudes and thoughts as we draw near to Him, will work to create us in His image. :purpleangel:

Happy2222

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 02:44 PM

Joey

You are so attractive, I can't believe anyone would abuse you!

In all my years of dealing with marriage, including my own, I found it always takes two to tangle.

The Men are from Mars book is excellent to show how to restore a happy marriage. Because of lack of knowledge my people suffer.

God's divorce of Israel is not permanent, others shouldn't be either.

Because of our hardness of heart, God allows us to go on with life but not without consequenses.

Shalom

Dan

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 04:43 PM

Joey...Excellant post...xo

mikeesclone

View Profile
History
Posted : 17 Nov, 2009 09:22 PM

well first of all eve didn't "cause him to sin" getting kind of tired of hearing that Adam made his choice and chose his wife over God that was Adams sin and the snake didn't cause eve to sin she choice to listen to the serpent instead of asking God or Adam or any of the hundreds of animals she could talk to first

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 Nov, 2009 07:32 PM

i know cattle and i have debated this issue before..

but i would ask that we analyze...1 corinth 7...Paul says that it is better if you choose to stay as you are and stay single...it is better for the ministry if you do...But Paul also points out that it is better to marry than to burn with passion...he who chooses to marry has done what is good but he who chooses to stay single has done better (summarization)

in a perfect world before the fall, there would be no reason not to be married...but in this world..things arent that simple..

if the choice to get married is up to us decide than wouldn't who we marry also be up to us?

God has given us guidelines on marriage but does not say that he will pick our mate for us or even make the decision to marry for us...i don't go to the grocery store and ask God what kind of food i should buy and wait for the Holy Spirit to tell me which bag of chips to buy. i pick what i want but there is also wisdom and guidelines to be followed... i should make food a "god" or be a glutton. I should also remember that my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit and i should take care of it.

In the same way marriage has guidelines..i should obviously marry someone of the opposite sex..but also i should marry a believer. You may disagree with the comparison and i would say that the marriage partner you pick is a much bigger decision than the type of football halftime snack you buy, but it is the same type of decision.

Yes i know there are exceptions to the rule. God HAS come down and played match maker and i believe he still does when he wants too..God may also tell someone to buy a specific type of food..or randomly tell someone that they should go someplace and have a conversation with someone or share the gospel with someone specific or give a word of encouragement or not do something they would normally do.

God reserves the right to tell people what HE wants to tell them. Assuming that God will tell you who you should marry is presumptuous and is asking God for a specific prophecy that he has NOT promised to give. He does promise to give wisdom and to give what you need but put marriage in its proper place...Marriage is a blessing and a want...not a obligation, need or a duty

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Jan, 2010 05:10 AM

You leave out the basic truths of the new testament, Walter

Page : 1 2 3 4