Author Thread: You're at a great risk of getting hurt
gko912

View Profile
History
You're at a great risk of getting hurt
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 12:08 AM

Yes, from my own experiences.. Being with a boyfriend of 3 years and not knowing whether he will be up there with our Almighty God and the rest of us was very painful. Our Father is Love and how could one know to love others when he/she does not know the true Love and who He is? Then I started backsliding too... for a long time. I'd drag him to church here and there but he'd only sit in church with me, well singing along and everything, yet nothing really happened. He'd go for ME, not for himself. When I finally realized how I'd been living was sinful and wrong, I had to let him go.

God says to not be unequally yoked and says how can darkness be with light? What do godly people have anything in common with unbelievers? Obey Him. He has better things in store for us. God knows what's BEST for us. Just trust in Him and let go of your emotions and desires.

Pray for them.

Pray for God to draw them and call them by their names. Release them from demons in the name of Jesus so that their eyes and ears may be opened. Break them free from bondage in the name of Jesus. And ask the Lord to send laborers to harvest them in a way that they can understand... and NEVER give up!!! and glorify Him and thank Him for saving them.

It may be very difficult.. Indeed, it is.. Like scripture says, your mind, spirit, body, and body become one with that person.. ask God to break the bond and to heal you.. and ask Him what HIS will is... what He wants in your life and seek after Him!!!!

God Bless!!

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 03:52 PM

Bless you my Sister, I am sorry for your pain. Stay strong in the Lord, and you just don't know but what perhaps the loss of this relationship might just be the breaking the Lord can use on him, or maybe further down the road when his life bottoms out, he will remember things because of you, and come to the Lord.

You are so right it is important for us to pray for people like him. It is also important to stay strong in the Obedience to the Lord in what we know to be right, so if he does come back with claims, don't just take him back but give things time, and see if he comes to church regularly for a year before you give your heart away on a decision made in haste.

I think guarding our hearts is most difficult because it is the place where each of us is most vulnerable. I will keep you both in my prayers this day, My Sister.

God Bless you both!

Tarasye

gko912

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Nov, 2009 07:41 PM

Hi Tarasye,

Thank you so much! I know for a fact that it is over between us and I absolutely have no regrets.. I feel closer to God now that I've come home and although I think about him from time to time, it just seems like it's been forever and faded away. God's already given me so much for giving up my own desires and I couldn't ask for more!

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Nov, 2009 09:01 PM

Gko,

I just read your post. It must have been very difficult for you to walk away. You show much courage and obedience. If he was meant to be your spouse then he will return. Men tend to mature at a later age then women.

Think though, if you were to marry him and have children -- your children would be pulled in two directions. Continue to keep him in your prayers and make sure that any future boyfriend is Christian.

Being in love can be a magical time, but take it from me (I"m a Magician) magic can sometimes be an illusion. Only when God comes first does Real Love follow. Stay true!

Peace

View Profile
History
Posted : 9 Nov, 2009 12:37 PM

Thanks GKO,

That's how it was with my exBF. H wasn't just a non -Christian, he was an atheist. We had two completely different value systems-- I had conscience and he didn't. Talk about trouble!Talking to him was like trying to rationalize with a boa constrictor. You can't, it will just squeeze the air out of you. We were together 6 years and our different beliefs is why we could never move forward.

I 'm really hoping I can meet a Christian here with similar beliefs.

Lorrie

View Profile
History
Posted : 10 Nov, 2009 12:57 PM

WORD girls of God! :peace: