Author Thread: What is your idea of rude behavior with online dating??
Tarasye

View Profile
History
What is your idea of rude behavior with online dating??
Posted : 7 Nov, 2009 09:05 PM

I tend to keep the same screen name online from place to place, as it makes me easy to find, and people get to know who they are talking to. I must say however, that I find it terribly rude and presumptuous of people however to just assume its perfectly fine to contact me on private chat, acting like some how they know me, when they do not, and often times they obviously don't know me for the insulting way they address me. Just burns me every time.

Tonight some guy who says he checked out my profile on this site, contacts me on yahoo chat, and his very first words are "Hey Sexy!"

Trust me on this one, if some guy walked up to me and said that, there is a very good chance he would walk away with a neck injury when I slap him really hard. That is not an opening line that works on me at all, in fact I find it insulting.

If the first thing a man does is undress me with his eyes, that is one fact he'd best be smart enough to keep to himself. When I see someone I think is attractive, I might think they are cute and want to know more, but immediately presume they would want me to address them as a stud muffin, or any other sexual derogatory term, well that just tells me one thing. Someone is not the Christian they are claiming to be. For the only man I will ever want to call me sexy, will be my husband (note: NOT my FUTURE husband), and that will only be in the privacy of our own home between us where it is special and it means something.

I would never insult a person in that manner, and then think they would even want to speak to me, yet I get this at least once every couple of weeks or so.

So men, if this sounds the least bit like a tactic you would ever consider, think of this as really good advice. Stick to the site and contact the person you are interested in with a polite and respectful interest.

If I wanted to be treated like live stock at the auction barn, I would frequent the many sites that cater to that type of thing.

I thought perhaps starting this thread, others can list their true peeves as well, and maybe ignorantly online challenged might learn something in the area of manners.

Thank you my friends for letting me sound off on this. I find such behavior so totally inappropriate, and if anyone else out there would like to add to this list of what really ticks them off, maybe we can improve expectations for successful online dating anyway.

Thanks

Tarasye

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2009 11:33 AM

Hi Chris,

We all need to work on doing better as none of us are perfect and we do mess up from time to time. The key is that we have to grow so close in our relationship with Christ that we become more like Him every day so that when a situation occurs we won't have to ask ourselves "What Would Jesus Do?"...we will simply just do it because His holiness and love towards others will be ingrained in our inner being. We will be "Christlike" in every aspect of our lives.

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 20 Nov, 2009 04:11 PM

The question asked what was MY idea of rude on-line dating behavior. I am not offended if someone doesn't respond to my interests. However, i try to respond to all interests as a courtesy. If responding is a courtesy, that doesn not mean no response is discourtesy. On-line is not as personal as in person. Just as some of these "chats" may seem discourteous to some, even when the writer has stated the opposite. Without the person in front of you, it is very difficult to get a true sense of the conversation and its tone.

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 11:50 AM

The question asked was, "What is YOUR idea of rude behavior with online dating??" It asks for an opinion; it's not a debate topic.

If someone decides to be vulnerable enough on these forums to give their honest opinion..I don't think we in turn should be rude to them because they've given a response we don't like. No one here is looking for a father-figure..most of us have Him.

Ironically, this topic has become it's own queston.

Quit judging others!!! We're all Christians!!!(for the most part) Thank about the Golden Rule!!!

BTW Walter, I sent you a message when I first got back on here and I still haven't gotten a reply.

Frustrated,

T

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 01:25 PM

Hi T,

Sorry for not responding to your e-mail. It was an oversight not an intentional rudeness. You know me better than that. I looked at my e-mails and saw that you were the only one I missed not responding to.

Blessings!

Walter

View Profile
History
Posted : 22 Nov, 2009 01:31 PM

No problem Walter. Yes, normally you are a man of your word.

With love,

T

Page : 1 2 3