Author Thread: Safe Travel
Admin

Safe Travel
Posted : 23 Nov, 2009 06:43 PM

I am thankful tonight. My business is venturing out into a new area -- long distance travel. I and my father are currently in Orlando (or as someone I know prefers 'Arelanda') right now with 11 teenagers and one child. The teenagers are students at a military school in northern Indiana, the child is my son. We left Friday night and drove through the night to Savannah. We left there today and came to Orlando for the rest of the week. Thank God for answering my prayer and allowing us safe travel and patience through an extra-long drive.

I am struck by something that I realized during this journey. I have spent time in Florida twice. Once for a wasted year of my life but then was stationed in Pensacola. I loved it while I was here but didn't realize how much like home it became until I returned this afternoon. I expected Savannah to be where I really loved being. Savannah was filled with history and beauty and sweet southern charm for sure. But really, it was when I smelled the Florida air that the huge pang of longing struck.

The south is truly an experience. My family has always told me that I was born 100 years too late. Being down here is almost like stepping back in time and I love it. Anyway, God is blessing me, my son, my father, and my school kids this week. We are spending time doing some great new things and meeting all kinds of great new people. I'm glad he made me so that I don't shirk away from introducing myself to people I run into. I get more and more like the girl who never meets a stranger. :)