Author Thread: HUNTING WILD GAME FOR SPORT
Admin

HUNTING WILD GAME FOR SPORT
Posted : 19 Dec, 2009 07:06 PM

Well, I don't hunt and never have, so I can't talk about this from a recreational or biblical point of view. Does anyone hunt out here? I knew someone once who went hunting out in Africa and places like that. He was a wealthy entrepreneur who traveled the world hunting exotic animals for sport, and not to eat. A trophy collector. And he wasn't a Christian.

Is this a righteous thing to do, biblically speaking? To kill

animals that you have no intentions of eating for survival or for sincere enjoyment and for God's Glory? I'm wondering.

Thanks for your input-

Will

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 08:35 AM

I hunt, though not what I consider for sport. The main reason I hunt is to control any overpopulation and protect my trees. It is fun hunting though, and I hope to do more of it as years go by and get alot of my meat from such activities. I'm not sure what God thinks specifically about certain motives behind hunting, but in general, hunters tend to be great conservationalists, protecting and enriching the natural world around them.

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Feb, 2010 01:46 PM

I enjoy hunting but I'd have to believe that God wouldn't necessarily want us hunting JUST for sport...after all they are God's creation too, however He did say that we had the right to eat animal meat and we are to have dominion over them. So as mentioned above, hunting does help with overpopulation and sustaining the land and the ecosystem. I'm sure that people like the guy you've mentioned gives the meat away to someone or someplace that will use it. And it seems to me that people that do those kind of huntings DO have an appreciation for those animals that they hunt and that's why they are interested in having them as trophies. Good post!!

SBC 2010

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Mar, 2010 07:32 PM

Well , I will have to throw in my 2cents. I agree with most of what these two are saying. If you did not grow up hunting or on a farm it is hard to understand. The hunting instinct is in most men and some women. Most ethical hunters eat what they kill if it is possible. I do. A lot of animals need to be hunted to keep overpopulation in check. If nature does it it is very sad. Have you ever seen an animal starve to death? Die from exposure due to mange? Nature can be quite cruel.

Remember when an animal dies it turns back to dust. There is no soul. but I don't think people should waste animals either.

In Africa they feed entire villages with meat from sport hunting they waste nothing.