Author Thread: Challenges when friendless, even as a Christian!
Admin

Challenges when friendless, even as a Christian!
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 01:23 AM

The last time when I have real friends is when I was back in my kindergarten days and parts of my school life. The only best friend who I have use to have a lot fun with move away when I was 7. I have some other friends to hangout with when I was in the first grade and have fun with. But, that really all changed when I have to go to another school because it was nearby my home. It was challenging to make friends. If I make a friend and a best friend with another person, it didn't all work at because of this person want to hangout with troublemakers. I was also during my middle school and parts of my high school years friendless. After I move onto college, I make only 1-2 friends. This was the year I was saved by the Lord. That's all and the good friends I have either not going to college or move on with there life (which what they should do for their life.) After I don't see them anymore, any chances I talk to people is a little. It use to be I meet people and I be talking with them. But not anymore when no one either wants to talk with me or be interested to be my friend. I go out to places, but that doesn't help. I go to different events, but still not helping as no one is interested to talk to me around my age. I go to a Christian place where there are people around my age, but that didn't help. I go to church, but no one around my age go to the church I go to. It seem no one around my age, even Christian, don't want to be interested to talk to me or become my friend. I pray everyday to the Lord that he provide me some friends.

Can somebody give me some Bible verses going through a friendless life trying to find friends and what can I do or what you can help me on?

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 08:44 AM

dear stephon, welcome to the forums.. stick around youll prolly make lots of friends here..

may i ask what you feel is the cause of you not bein able to find friends so far in your life? sometimes it pays for us to look inward..

what i mean is if it was just a handful of people that didnt wanna be your friend in real life ,all your life then its easy to say hey it was their fault.. but when it seems to be everyone, that usually tells me to look inward...

so what can you do to make yourself seem more like a man that wants to make friends? how can you look like youre more accessible to folks? do you make yourself approachable and accessible to others? do you be a friend to others first?

lots of times in life when it comes to making friends . you have to be a friend to others first and then they will wanna be your friend in return.. cause even christian folks can be a little selfish with theirselves at times..

look at the bright side you made one new friend already today.

ole cattle

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 03:25 PM

Stephon,

First off I have to comment on your name...unique and cool! Mom or Dad must have been an Elton John fan from Wayyy back.

Secondly, have you thought about joining a group or club that interests you? Perhaps a Computer club? By doing so you've already placed yourself with people of similar interests and your chances of finding a friend will increase. There are clubs in schools, libraries, churches, community centers...where you can physically meet and interact with people your age.

One more bit of advice...don't try to be anyone but the one God created....You!

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 5 Jan, 2010 07:28 PM

in my experience, God will separate you from others so that you draw closer to Him. Maybe he wants you to live that lifestyle for awhile.

Jennifer

View Profile
History
Posted : 4 Mar, 2012 01:30 PM

wow...to be honest you sound just like me. I didn't have many friends or friends that i can talk to either. we have almost the same story. The only really different part is that I was raised in the church. both of my parents are pastors.