Author Thread: The Yada Yada Prayer Group Novels
jennigirl06

View Profile
History
The Yada Yada Prayer Group Novels
Posted : 28 Jan, 2010 08:42 PM

I was wondering if there is anyone out there that has read these books or is currently reading them.

I have just finished book 2 as of last night. I fell in love with the first book and decided to keep going and see if the rest of the series are as good as the first book.

Although it's fictional based I believe it is how all of God's Children are brought to gether. What I love most about the Yada Yada books is that it brings women from all walks of life together. Women you would never imagine being friends are praying together, together, and loving together.

I am just looking for anyone who has read the books to hear their thoughts on them and do like a book discussion :)

I do recommend the books to anyone. The first book is great. The 2nd book was pretty good too. I am now moving on the the 3rd book. :)

coej

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2010 05:50 AM

I love those books!! I have read all of them and then she started a spin off series, "Yada Yada house of hope". I'm patiently waiting for book 3 to come out.

What are some other author's that you have read? I love Karen Kingsbury also!!

jennigirl06

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jan, 2010 08:32 AM

Spin off series?? hmmm interesting....

I have not read any other inspirational books as of yet. Yada Yada is my first set of books I have found so far...So i am open for new books to read :)

Intellectual_4Play

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Feb, 2010 05:04 PM

This is really a wonderful series of books. I have read all of the Yada Yada series. I did not know about the spin off series though and I will definetly have to follow up with that. Thanks for mentioning it.

What I loved the most was not only the different ethnicities represented, but the different understandings of how to worship and pray, ecumenical if you like, in their theology, yet of one Hope, one Christ. I sought out some of the music that was mentioned. I loved the insights and perspectives that were offered. I would recommend them.