Author Thread: Me Time
Admin

Me Time
Posted : 9 Feb, 2010 11:20 AM

Accoording to this one study (if i could remember which one it was, or if i wasn't too lazy to look it up, then i'd say :rolleyes:) the number 1 thing that successful couples do to keep their marriage healthy is each having an outside hobby they love doing and each giving the other time to pursue it. Thoughts?

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 02:30 AM

I agree with having a me time. As far as it being #1 that keeps couples together, I'd have to disagree since I think Abba is the only one who can really keep a relationship together.

If ever the day came and I was married, I'd still want to go enjoy things that my wife may not necessarily enjoy. I've learned from past relationships that being apart from your significant other isn't a bad thing. God created us all uniquely and it's natural for us to have different tastes when it comes to pursuing hobbies, or other interests. I think Papa likes diversity.

Finally, I really need my own time with Him. Doing things together like hiking, camping, praying together, & studying the Bible together is nice. But God is a lover who desires to be loved. And I want to tend to His heart first, as Adam once did. There were times in my life, even though I was with someone, that I still felt empty. It was only God that filled the huge gaping whole in my heart.

View Profile
History
Me Time
Posted : 15 Feb, 2010 11:02 AM

watched jerry maguire recently and was reminded that the whole reason we want to be in a relationship in the first place is to have somebody to share our victories with and make them meaningful. the point of 'me time' should be to go out and get those victories, not to be a loner.

Page : 1 2