Author Thread: Starting over!
Admin

Starting over!
Posted : 29 Jun, 2008 08:02 PM

Someone asked me...How do you feel today about starting over?

In most ways, I am really excited! God has brought me back to the "faith of a child" (so to say) in trusting that He will bring someone into my life that is as freed up from the pains of their past...as I have been. If we are to claim healing from this experience, doesn't it follow that we would want to also "reclaim" His promise of what He intended for marriage? I truly miss the wonderful love of a marriage relationship. In God's timing, I hope to have that in a way that was greater than I ever had (or imagined) in the past!

Sadly though, many who "claim" to have been healed from divorce, don't have faith to be married again! I don't understand that. I have seen more wounded hearts that just don't seem to get past the pain...to love again! There are a million reasons out there. And with the exception of those God has truly called to peace in being single...most...are just afraid. Men and women alike.

I believe that the full process of healing, is to come back (by His Grace in our lives) to the nature of how God created us! To be with someone in a marriage relationship!

So, just how did He design us concerning marriage? It started with Adam & Eve!

Genesis 2:23-24 (NIV)

23 The man said,

"This is now bone of my bones

and flesh of my flesh;

she shall be called 'woman, [a] '

for she was taken out of man."

24 For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh.

I love the NIV study note which reveals the meaning of "One Flesh"...The divine intention for husband and wife was monogamy. It is both "a sign and an expression" of what God intended to be an inseparable lifetime union.

How do I feel today about starting over?

I'm excited for tomorrow and God's promise. I hope for it, look forward to it, and more than anything, have learned patience for it! It is His timing.

ephesians522

View Profile
History
Starting over!
Posted : 1 Jul, 2008 10:29 PM

Welcome to the flock of CDFF. We are, have been, and will be where you are. Many here are strong with their walk with the Lord, most have had their walk renewed. You can find fellowship here. I hope you can find answers in the forums.

One passage I would like to share with you is Galatians 5:16-26;

From the Contemporary English version:

16If you are guided by the Spirit, you won't obey your selfish desires.

17The Spirit and your desires are enemies of each other. They are always fighting each other and keeping you from doing what you feel you should.

18But if you obey the Spirit, the Law of Moses has no control over you.

19People's desires make them give in to immoral ways, filthy thoughts, and shameful deeds.

20They worship idols, practice witchcraft, hate others, and are hard to get along with. People become jealous, angry, and selfish. They not only argue and cause trouble, but they are

21envious. They get drunk, carry on at wild parties, and do other evil things as well. I told you before, and I am telling you again: No one who does these things will share in the blessings of God's kingdom.

22God's Spirit makes us loving, happy, peaceful, patient, kind, good, faithful,

23gentle, and self-controlled. There is no law against behaving in any of these ways.

24And because we belong to Christ Jesus, we have killed our selfish feelings and desires.

25God's Spirit has given us life, and so we should follow the Spirit.

26But don't be conceited or make others jealous by claiming to be better than they are.

Be strong in your walk with the Lord, and as you stated, "Patience"

View Profile
History
Starting over!
Posted : 4 Jul, 2008 10:51 PM

I would like to say if we keep our hearts on God he will help us get over the hurt that we went through.

I am pleased to say that God took the pain from me and I thank Him for letting me find out that life does not begine with my ex or end with him. God let me know that if I am willing to trust Him I can have a happy good marriage again with someone that is serving the Lord with all his heart.

That is whom I am looking for someone that loves God first and then love me with out any thing standing in the way.:hearts: Sometimes we just have to step out on faith and like you say trust.

One problem that gets me is everyone lives to fare away, now if we could do something about that, I would be happy lol. :applause: God bless

Oh Yes Happy 4th.

View Profile
History
Starting over!
Posted : 12 Aug, 2008 08:29 PM

Starting over is difficult for anyone that has been married or seriously involved with someone. ( Some from the pain of a failed marriage and others from the death of a spouse.) It makes no difference, the hurt is still there coupled with the uncertainty of a future. I have gone through layers of emotional uncertainty but this one thing I do know is that Jesus Christ is the lover of my soul and has held my hand through this healing process. Through Him I have found the things that have laid dormant in my soul start to revive again

and have regained a "new" direction for my life. I am excited, yet shy of the "unknown elements" out there but putting God first and letting him take the first step so that I may walk in his footprints have made all the difference. I am still learning and am secure in the knowledge of His love for me and really that's what counts!

Robin