Author Thread: The Kingdom of God is within our minds?
Admin

The Kingdom of God is within our minds?
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 09:09 AM

A person stated to me the kingdom of God is within our minds. I looked up every word in connection with Kingdom and not one of them was connected to our mind. So, does anyone have any idea where this misconception comes from? I have heard this more then once but no scripture to support it.

Thank you, Gary

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 09:37 AM

Ummm...could it be a persons mind (not sure which one). I believe the Kingdom of God is found within our hearts...xo

stormcountry33

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 02:35 PM

Gary,

You won't be able to find anything in scripture to support this train of thought. People tend to believe this who often see themselves as God. They may not claim it as so, but they typically them for themselves and not for the Lord or for Christian values. The Kingdom of God is very real to me!! From what I understand from scripture it will be set up here on Earth but we will eventually live eternally with God in Heaven. Someone who has a better understanding of the scripture may be able to better help you...

View Profile
History
Posted : 18 Mar, 2010 09:23 PM

The Kingdom of God is eternal. It is all that He has created and ever will created. The Kingdom that will be on earth will be the Millennial Kingdom or the Kingdom of Heaven. (See Matthew) There is no Kingdom in our hearts or minds. We are in the Kingdom of God if we are born again and will one day enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

Thunder

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2010 01:41 AM

A Kingdom is everything that belongs to The King � including His Laws and Government. It is all that is concrete or �abstract� (not visible).

Right now God's Kingdom is not a Physical thing ( it will be in the future, when He establishes it here on earth), but an abstract one...an �invisible� one. One that is in your Heart and your Soul and your Mind.

Luke 17:20-21 �Now when He was asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, He answered them and said, "The kingdom of God does not come with observation;� nor will they say, 'See here!' or 'See there!' For indeed, the kingdom of God is within you.�

For now it is "in us" but one day it will be a Physical Kingdom here on earth.

Matthew 6:33 to seek first the Kingdom of God, and God's righteousness,

So...what I get from this is that God Kingdom is written on our Hearts by His Word and through The Holy Spirit. So yes...I can understand someone saying it is in �our minds�.

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 19 Mar, 2010 01:44 PM

Steve ~ Since ya said it that way...it does kinda make sence someone sayin "within our minds"...ya also wrote bout written in our hearts...thats what I meant by "the kingdom in our hearts"...you use way more gooder words than me...Anywho...its all good...thanxs for sharein good word...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Mar, 2010 03:59 AM

Jude,

My words may be "gooder", but they could never be "Sweeter" then your words. I'll take Sweeter over Gooder any day! My "dry" words need that "sweet" marmalade to make them palatable.

Love Ya Lady!

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 01:01 PM

Ahhh..thank you Steve...:glow:...you hava a blessed day an I'll no doubt see ya round the Grid...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 01:08 PM

Storm Country, I agree with you. I only asked because I lost a good friend over it. She insisted the Kingdom is of the mind and that heart is not the key to being in it. So, I thought I would ask around in case I missed a verse somewhere.

My understanding is the same as yours. The promised thousand year rein is under the new covenant God has made with Israel and the promises for that are not for the church but is for Israel alone that will begin to be fulfilled after the time of the Gentiles. Romans, 11th chapter.

Anyway thank you for your reply.

Gary