Author Thread: struggling
ImEllie

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 23 Mar, 2010 11:22 PM

i always find myself messed up in sin. like i cant get away and im almost drawn to it. :( i hate sin, it ruins my life. i feel like god hates me bc i keep messing up. =/

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 28 May, 2010 08:06 PM

Helo Ellie:

My name is George,I will tell you to repent;seeing that it is The Lords kindness which leads us to repentance.

Repentance is a gift of the Lords grace.

I would say,to ask for grace not to resist the Holy Spirit.

The holy Spirit wants to create and develop the Life,character,attitude,and personality of Yeshua within you.

When we see otheres and even ourselves sin,and sinning,what we see are symptoms of sin:The Lord sees the root(s) of sin.

When the Lord has dealt with the root(s) of the sin then the symptoms will fall away.

Ellie,the Lord says that we are more then conquerers.

Most people,even Elders,Pastors focus on the word Conquerer:I want you to focus on the words;More then..

We are more then just conquerers.

We are adopted children.

Romans 8:14-17

We are the Righteousness of God in Christ.

2nd Corinthians 5:21

We are New creations.

2nd Corinthians 5:17

We are ambassadors of Yeshua

2nd Corinth.5:20

We are Minister of the Gospel.

Matthwe 28:18-20

2 nd Corinth.5:18-19

We are a royal priesthood.

1st Peter 2:1-10

We are kings and priest.

Revelation 1:6

We are light and salt in the earth.

Matthew 5:13-16

Please do not let anyone say that you are now presently still a sinner save by grace.

Please do not think this about yourself.

There is therefore NOW(Presently and in the future)NO Condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.

The Lord and His word says that we are SAINTS

Romans 1:7

1st Corinth.1:2

2nd Corinth.1:1

Ephesians 1:1

Philippians 1:1

Colosians 1:1

The word Saint is the Greek word Hagios # 40 in Strongs Concordance.

This means Holy,set apart,sanctified,consecrated..

This is what you are,you do not have to try to attain to this:For the Lord Jesus Christ has Justified you with HisLife and blood.

Jesus is Holy,righteous,sanctified and sinless on your behalf,Just do not resis the holy Spirit from revealing this to you.

Ellie YeshuaJesus, loves you,don;t trust that you Love Yeshua/Jesus,rahter trust that He Loves you.

I hope that you will begin to see yourslef as the Lord declares you to be in His Word..

I hope that you will rest in Yeshua Precious Lady.

Good day

George

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 29 May, 2010 07:57 AM

Ellie:

This is George/trucker

I had meant to say;that I will not ask you to Repent,rather I will have you to trust the Lord to take care of these issues.

Remember,Jesus is the vine we are the branches,the Father is the Gardener.

It is the Gardeners responsibility to prune,cultivate,lift up,fertilize,and support the branches.

We are called to bear fruit,not produce fruit.

Fruit is the offspring of the branch abiding in the vine.

The vine is responsible for the branch abiding in the vine,not the other way around.

Many christians are trying to be doing the work the Lord is to be doing.

John 15:1-5

Let the Lord does His work in you,you ask for Grace to not resist the Holy Spirit.

I will be praying for you Precious Lady.

Chesed and Charis:

trucker

ncanada87

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 1 Jun, 2010 05:53 AM

no matter how much you sin God would never Hate you, God is not full of Hate, that would be murder and God is not a murderer. The Lord loves you never forget that, when you sin REPENT! Thats what the Lord wants you to do, come to Him

simplykat

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 11 Jun, 2010 07:31 AM

Hi there Ellie,

Well in every down fall and in every struggles we must rejoice. Because at this time of our life this is the time that God is with us, And Yes He is just right beside you looking at you patiently waiting for you to call on His name to carry you with all of your burdens.

Open up your heart so you may hear the voice of our LORD open your eyes deeply so you may see Jesus is staring at You and would want to hug you so tight.

I am a sinner but God sent me someone to help me to open up my eyes and heart He uses an instrument for me to be in His grace.

And because I felt His love and grace I am thankful if I wasn't a stubborn before I would never know the LORD and be in love with HIM.

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 11:21 PM

Ellie, I know your struggle, and I have felt the pain you feel. To know the Love of God, and to see all that he gave, and to feel sorrowful because you think you're failing him after he did so much for you. It sucks, doesn't it?

What changed for me, Ellie, is that I finally stopped trying to measure up to righteousness, and simply believed that I was saved, and nothing will ever separate me from that, and from that faith I a conversion happened in my life.

2 Peter 1:1-9(and I recommend you read all of this chapter)

1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

9But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 4 Jul, 2010 02:48 PM

Let's say you have a car that leaks transmission fluid. You know about it but fail to check the fluid as often as you should and your car leaves you stranded. You say to yourself; "I wish my car didn't leak and I am going to be sure to always check the fluid in the future, so this never happens again!", as you are buying more tranmission fluid at walmart. You are so srry this happened.

But because of the kind of person you are, you don't get the leak fixed, you do keep a gallon of fluid in the trunk, but don't always check the fluid so it happens again and again, around and around you go, until finally one day the transmission burns up. Chances are after the cost of a new trasmission or car, you will not repeat that mistake again.

So what does this mean? It means you are who you are; accept it; Jesus did! Because you are who you are; you cannot change yourself. But you know Someone who can! All the wishing it wasn't so, all the vows for the future, all the feeeling sorry, can't change you; it must be done from the inside out by the Only One who can. Your car doesn't need you wishing it didn't leak, promising to always check the fluid, carrying a gallon of fluid in your trunk. Your cars needs to go to someone who can fix it.

Quite simply pray pray pray asking God to change you, your heart, your desires, without having to "lovingly" burn up a transmission to make the change in you.

If you keep praying you will get through this. Even Jesus when he taught us how to pray said "Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one."

hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 8 Jul, 2010 12:00 AM

Great post!!!

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 21 Jul, 2010 06:30 AM

When I am struggling with something God doesn't like, I picture laying it at the foot of the cross.

I visualize that I am physically handing it over and ask in prayer for Jesus to take it away.

I might have to do it everyday until I completely let go. It has been really helpful for me.

carmi

View Profile
History
struggling
Posted : 27 Jul, 2010 04:15 AM

This is a late reply, but reading through your post, I thoroughly agree on the Scripture verses you pointed out and the reasons behind "struggles". To blame God for us falling into sin "and messing up" is being immature and irresponsible. We have a CHOICE in our actions and in our thoughts. God did not make us "robots" that cannot say "no" to sin.

To "struggle" is not a sin, but to take action towards wrong is SIN. We fail the mark. Romans 12:2 tells us "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but BE transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - His good, pleasing, and perfect will." The comand is to be transformed and renew the mind, because the mind is the seat of sinful thoughts that birth into action.

The other verse that strikes me as an identification of the real "born again" Christian is this: "No one who is born of God

will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him ; and he CANNOT go on sinning, because he has been born of God." (1 John 3:9)

I say this not to condemn but to state that the devils' work is false salvation. It is making a person believe he is "saved" through his emotions and thinking, but not based on the Word of God. Feelings fade, God's Word confirms. Only through the indwelling Holy Spirit at the moment of accepting Jesus Christ can one emerge victorious over sin.

Self effort at "struggling" over sin is a battle of the flesh, not of the spirit.

"Those who obey His commands live in Him, and He in them.

And this is how we know that He lives in us: we know it by the Spirit He gave us." (1 John 3:24)

"So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature." (Galatians 5:16)

Page : 1 2 3