Author Thread: Scorned Wife Wins 9 Million From Husband's Mistress
Admin

Scorned Wife Wins 9 Million From Husband's Mistress
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 03:47 PM

If you haven't heard, a woman sued her husband's mistress and won 9 million dollars in damages.

There is a 'old as the constitution' law that is still active in Hawaii, South Dakota, Mississippi, Illinois, North Carolina, New Mexico and Utah that can be brought against someone determined to be responsible for the failure of a marriage. It is usually a adulterous spouse's lover but it can also be family members, counselors, clergy, etc

I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the case.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 04:28 PM

Well, I believe it takes two to tango, so it's just as much (or more) the husband's fault as the mistress. Goody Goody Gumdrop (kudos) for the wife:applause:, but she should have gone after the husband too, if she didn't already.

I'm for any law that sets penalties for marital infedilty, but they're rarely enforced and do nothing to curb the problem. The husband and wife should be strong enough and committed enough not to fall prey to the temptations of the world; if they aren't, no law or penalty is going to hinder their "lapses in judgement"--(the popular term used these days for adultery, according to Tiger Woods, John Edwards, and Bill Clinton)

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 08:16 PM

We as women, see other women very clearly. I recognize manipulation, deceitfulness, etc in other women because I have the choice to use those tactics as well. We know how to work yall (men) when and if we want to. How many empires, marriages, political careers, families have been brought completely down and left in utter ruin because of the temptation of women who were not the wives of men who couldn't resist? Countless.

I agree with you Ed, when you say the majority of the onus rests on the unfaithful spouse. They are one in covenant with God and their spouse. He or she will have reap what was sown. It's never pretty.

We could go on and on with the reasons why people cheat; dissatisfaction, lack of commitment, lust of the flesh, lust of the eye to name a few.

The question arises will having to shell out 9 million or basically all she owns of value, stop her from contributing to the downfall of another marriage? Did she learn a lesson? Did losing material things cause her to repent and see the error of her ways and the damage done to the family of her lover?

If it doesn't, at least the wife has the satisfaction of knowing that even though it didn't last, a court of law thought her marriage pretty close to priceless.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 08:25 PM

Well, this way, if the wife ever does see any of the $9m, at least she will be getting it from the other woman instead of from her husband like a "gold digger". lol

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 10:49 PM

I also feel that the husband had a big part in that infidelity, but there are women who purposely go after married men. I know some, no actually i know quite a few. Its like those type of women don't date anybody else but married men. Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of women that are tricked by the men, gods grace to them. But if you know a man is married and try to sleep with him or if you find out that he is and continue to go along, then judgement is going to come on you. Espesially for those people (women and men) who actively seek out people that are married. Im pretty sure there is a spirt of destruction involved with that and extra judgement on the people involved will result in it.

View Profile
History
Posted : 26 Mar, 2010 11:18 PM

That's very true, Kingdomcitazen. I had a couple of those type of women(young, attractive, greedy) come after me when I was married. I knew better than to mess with them. I sic'd the former Mrs. EDW on them and by the time she got thru they were a greasy spot in the road.:boxing:

I didn't play and wanted to send a message. I was in a pretty lucrative position in life and knew what they were after anyway. A lot of weaker fellas fall prey to these Jezebels and lose everything they worked so hard for. Their family, their respect, their money.

Again, Kudos for the wife but it's a shame that even has to be necessary.

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 06:30 AM

Thanks Kingdom!

Edw, I'm a city girl. If I thought I could make it back up in the sticks, I would take up banjo pickin' and bless you with the honor of the possibility of me being your wife. :laugh: You better GO boy, sic'n your wife on the women trying to holla at you! That's what I'm talkin' bout!

Yall are looking for a woman who is virtuous and I'm looking for a man with some integrity. Is there a man out there who will, even thou the women are cute and all, will weigh the damage done to his reputation, wife, children, relationship with God and spiritual self and decide that he has too much to lose to gratify his immediate and selfish desires?

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Mar, 2010 10:25 AM

Mrs. Babygirl, you need to start listening to Lester Flat and Earl Scruggs--tum,tum, tum,tim,tum,tim,tum,tim,tum! Getcha some practice on the banjo!

I admire women with integrity. Down here in the boondocks it's called gumption.

I hate to call names, but you see what happened to that pro golf star, that governor, that motorcycle monster rebuilder! They lost all their self-respect, endorsements, integrity, an caused their families a lot of grief, not to mention the public humiliation. All for a brief, short-lived, meaningless fling with

with a woman of loose morals.

Me, I always look at the big picture. Just like while driving; you don't just concentrate on the car in front of you. You have to look way up ahead to scout for accidents, road conditions, and the flow of traffic. Oh, and the occaisonal smokey with the polaroid.

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2010 06:35 AM

mayb some good will come out of this.It does send a message. even if it stops one person from having an affair it has been successfull. I had a friend at work many years go who him and his wife and I were close friends.Then he decided to have an affair with a dirtbag woman who liked married men. That put me in a uneasy postion.Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Mar, 2010 07:50 AM

I know what you mean Dennis. My ex had an affair and was so guilt-ridden, he told my best friend to ease his conscience who happened to be his friend as well (they knew each other first, classmates in high school).

She told him this,"Sharon is my friend. I can not know this and she not know. I'm going to work today from 2pm -10pm. I will call Sharon when I get off of work tonight. If you have not told her by then, I will." He told me about 8pm.

Hear me when I say, I LOVE HER. We've been friends since college (20 years and counting) and I knew she was my best friend, but the situation solidified an already awesome friendship.