Author Thread: The attack of the Chiggers...
Admin

The attack of the Chiggers...
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 01:12 PM

Anybody have any home remedies to help chigger bites or prevent them...We have been plagued by them and the over the counter remedies isn't working...Oh.....! Here we go again...scratch.....scratch...:excited::goofball:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 05:07 PM

I think I may be of assistance to you, Robin. May HIS peace be with you and your chigger bites:ROFL:

I've found in the past that if the coat the area of the chigger bite with nail polish, let it dry for a few minutes, then lift it up and the chigger will be in that dried nail polish. You may have to apply neosporun to the area after removing the dried nail polish.

For those who are light hearted like yourself,you may use different colors of nail polish and take a photo and then post it.:ROFL:

I hope this has been a blessing for you. I would suspect you live near pine trees....bad for chiggers. GOD bless.

T:goofball:mie

SJC1985

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 06:30 PM

Hi!

I used to get a lot of chigger bites growing up. The "Queen Anne's Lace" wildflowers are white and they always had chiggers on them when I was young. The chigger is small and black and is usually easy to see on this white wildflower. Hope this helps!

SJC 1985 :glow:

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 07:48 PM

Lots of pine trees! Very funny tommie7....I just may have to go neon with the nail polish! That would certainly be a sight for sore eyes and legs.....!

Robin

View Profile
History
Posted : 6 Jul, 2008 07:51 PM

thank you...I'll be on the lookout!

strawberi

View Profile
History
Posted : 7 Jul, 2008 05:47 PM

the fingernail polish is working......! yeah !!!!!

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2008 03:14 PM

I'm sure GOD'S peace is with you now, Robin. The fingernail polish worked for you & you got rid of those annoying chiggers. I'm not sure about how to rid yourself of them but if you place insect repellent on your ankles, it will help keep them off and then you won't have to post a photo with you in different shades of nail polish.:ROFL: GOD bless.

T:goofball:mie

View Profile
History
Posted : 12 Jul, 2008 04:26 PM

I even scared myself with the nail polish !!!!Thanks for the tip...I may have to follow your suggestion because Skin-So-Soft isn't working.....Hey Tommie7...what happened to your face.....!????

robin