Author Thread: Dancing: Biblical or Satanic?
Admin

Dancing: Biblical or Satanic?
Posted : 28 May, 2010 05:36 AM

I am curious what view other Christians take on dancing. I am not referring to dancing in the clubs or what you may see on mtv music videos. I am a dancer and use my art form to worship the Lord. I have danced in churches for years. When I teach dance classes I always use Christian music. Today, I received a chat from someone telling me that dancing is satanic and is a pre-sex act. I was really taken back by this. What are your thoughts?

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 06:15 AM

Well,I think thats ridiculous!as long as its not taken to the extreme I think its great!It can be an art form,an expression of :dancingp:joy, exercise.no problem here.

In Christ

Steve

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 06:28 AM

Tell them to read about when David danced himself naked and see what they say.

If it's just a pre-sex act, I'll get construction on my stripper pole for my bedroom started! :ROFL:

Girl, you dance, worship, encourage the people's hearts, usher in God's presence and do your thang. Get krump! :dancingp:

DontHitThatMark

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 06:47 AM

Well...just like everything...it depends on the attitudes of the people involved. To say some dancing isn't sexual would be completely and totally false. Maybe that's what this person was speaking of...because, in general...most popular dancing is very sexual, and if it's not for the person doing it, the people watching it are thinking sexual stuff. I don't know...it's a gray area between being modest or expressing yourself/doing what you love. If whatever kind of dancing you do passes through your conscience as "non-sexual" and if you don't have to worry about "non-psychos" thinking sexual stuff about you...then I'd say it's fine.

I just have a problem with this kind of stuff personally. It seems like too many people(including me) try to get away with just doing what they want without thinking about other people first like Christians are supposed to.

"I can do/say/eat/watch/wear whatever I want! Freedom! I'm not in charge of controlling peoples thoughts! My example doesn't matter at all in my christian witness!" = Selfish

"I will put myself and what I want last in order to follow God's will above my own...even unto death. To serve others constantly. Showing love and mercy to everyone." = Jesusish

Now like I said...it all depends on your attitude about these things, but I just think we need to think long and hard about the effects our actions...without placing our needs and wants in the picture.

:peace::peace:

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 07:34 AM

I agree with everyone else on this topic.

It is how you dance and the circumstances.

The Tango?

I don't think I could dance that dance with any woman unless she was my wife. That dance and dances like it, are TOO physical, and I think should only be done by husband and wife.

Ballroom dances in general would be fine in most circumstances.

I would be a hundred times more concerned about how deep you know the Bible, and your theology.

I think anyone who would say that all dancing is "satanic" is caught up in legalism and that is an error.

In Christ,

James

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 07:38 AM

Dancing is not satanic. People allow demonic spirits to invade their views and influence the composition. Satan is no the creator of anything, he is himself a creation of God. He only twists and manipulates and perverts what has already been.

Some have not been exposed to or are slow to accept non-traditional forms of worship. For instance, we have a step team that dances and steps not unlike those from black fraternities and sororities. We have praise dancers that will have you on your feet, hands raised and praising God.

Girl, you have to know that everybody can't dance. It's a gift, just like singing etc.. I sing. I can sing very seductively or I can sing praises and worship.

Do yo thang.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 09:43 AM

sounds like that person may be a little religious.

did he consider david's dancing satanic as well?

dancing before the Lord is beautiful and is a form of worship.

we all express ourselves differently, yours is dancing. You must be a very creative woman and that is a gift from the Lord :) Dont even think twice about that...

Bless you,

Riveroflife

Mint

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 11:13 AM

When I was 18 I was studying sculpture and an old Christian lady told me that I was breaking God�s commandment by making idols. It really shakes you up when people do that. Especially when you are young. It makes you think deeply about all the issues involve.

Was she the weaker one that I should not cause offence to? Was it idol making? Etc.

I heard a story about an atheistic Russian sculptor who was making a Soviet idol. He hit his thumb with a hammer and came to the conclusion that their must be a God who designed the thumb. He began to believe in Him until some Christians showed him the way more perfectly.

The Law was given to us as a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. And in Christ all things are lawful but some Christians have made an idol out of the law.

God is the Creator and He made us creative. The devil just wants to corrupt that because he was a destroyer from the beginning.

The same lesson can be applied to music, dance, wine, food, circumcision and days of worship etc. An idol is what ever diverts your attention from God not what ever He can use to draw you to Him.

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 11:35 AM

Awesome post...Dancin is a form of Worship always has been always will be...Dance is a Art form also...

I see no where in the Bible that Dancin is a Sin. Maybe there is...I jus havent found it. Dancein can be performed in a provocotive & seductive manner ta cause a Sinful temptation & thought as we all know...but I dont believe this is yer fortae* in dance...xo

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 01:38 PM

sister not only did david dance, but have you every seen a jewish wedding in a movie or in person.They all go crazy and dance in circles.They have a great time dancing to jewish music.

My cats even dance.

If they can anybody can.

Do not allow anybody to buffalo you ok. Dennis

View Profile
History
Posted : 28 May, 2010 01:40 PM

Don't really have much to add here, so... I concur. :winksmile:

In Christ

Garrett

Page : 1 2