Author Thread: why am i on this island
cojakefish385

View Profile
History
why am i on this island
Posted : 28 May, 2010 01:18 PM

I am currently living on a island called hilton head island south carolina. I have been praying to find nice people to hang out with. i have found nice people but not a whole lot. I havent had the oppourtunity to go to church to many time here. Alot of the interns have been drinking and alot of them havent gotten to know me to well. I have been praying to see if this door is closing or not. Plus today i found out that my professor want me to come back to do the exit interview in denver versus on the phone. Also i feel like im getting through here but im climbing up the mountian with god by getting battered and bruised and beaten. But im still climbing to get to the top!! I am fighting and climbing to see the end of the tunnel! I would love a special girl to come along with me to help me!!

View Profile
History
why am i on this island
Posted : 28 May, 2010 03:30 PM

It seems to me like you are blaming your spiritual struggle on your circumstances. The danger in doing that is that we then focus on changing our circumstances rather than on God's sovereignty. It's great that you're praying about where the Lord wants you, but you must keep in mind that, while a change in circumstances can be a catalyst for spiritual changes, true change does not stem from a bettering of circumstances. It's also worth noting that having a girl by your side won't truly resolve anything either.

In addition to your Bible, I would recommend reading "The Hiding Place," by Corrie ten Boom.

cojakefish385

View Profile
History
why am i on this island
Posted : 28 May, 2010 06:10 PM

No not really.

View Profile
History
why am i on this island
Posted : 9 Jun, 2010 09:54 PM

OH NO!!! Don't give up or be discouraged! Cling to the Word of God!!

You have no idea the difference you are making in the place where you are b/c the loneliness is overwhelming when God is using you in an especially dark place. Don't let the enemy lie to you about an woman or otherwise being able to rescue you from where you are. You are in the Hands of God & He deserves your faithfulness. It isn't a relationship that will satisfy you in this place, it is hope & strength & the power of God to overcome. God has put you in a very unique place. He must have favored you & had enough faith in you to lead you there to begin with. Never seek deliverance from ANYWHERE God has placed you. You are His hand in the situation. You overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of your testimony (praise), not by God offering an escape route when He has obviously set you up to be His representative amongst people He loves & gave His life for. You are the embodiment of the love of Christ & God will use you as long as you are there.

Your faith is being tested as well. But - I would suggest you make your song your friend & offer it to the Lord whenever you are afraid or lonesome. Pray continually & trust that God will send all the help you need in friends/believers (male or female) to stand by your side in the faith & encourage & strengthen you.

But-for now, do not abandon God -it is clear He hasn't abandoned you -He just set you up to experience His glory first-hand. Watch for Him -He is closer than you realize. Stand apart & stand strong. No weapon formed against you will prosper & He who is in you is greater than he (you) who is in the world. You've got love & power & a sound mind. Submit to God's plan for your life & remember that whatever you are experiencing is only temporary be it pain or pleasure & is NOT meant to last. Watch for the eternal & hope only in God. He is your source & He will lift you up! Bless God! He is worthy!

View Profile
History
why am i on this island
Posted : 17 Jun, 2010 09:38 PM

God guides the feet of the righteous, and righteousness is accounted to us by our faith!

I remember reading about how Paul somehow was content in all conditions. In beatings, in bruises, whatever, there was a feeling of content in Paul. Why is that? Because, Paul was content through the Joy he had through the Faith he had in Jesus Christ, having the patience to run the race to the end, seeing the prize(patience) and focusing on it that he may endure(long-suffering) through all, because his strength(Joy of the Lord) never faded. Jesus gave us that Joy in prayer to the Father. Receive it my friend. Look to the end and your feet will guide you along that straight path! Amen!

View Profile
History
why am i on this island
Posted : 6 Jul, 2010 07:47 PM

Bloom where you are planted! You are right where God wants you. God has given you good works in advance to do. Running the universe and your life is up to Him! Be open to opprotunities around you. Jesus hung out with tax collectors and prostitutes; so why can't you go have a beer or soda with the other interns?.....you may be the only Jesus they ever see!