Author Thread: SingleParenthood
hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
SingleParenthood
Posted : 30 May, 2010 07:07 PM

I am so tired of being a SINGLE parent. My children are growing up without a father. I don't have the money to give them what they want and sometimes what they need. All my children have behavior problems. I have one with autism, but he is extremely smart. My family lives in FL and I am stuck in another state, Georgia.

The kids father was sent to prison years ago. I have no free time except when the kids are at school. Every morning is a fight to stay sane and saved.

I stay in church, I work in the church. I am earning my degree online, and about to go back to earn a Nursing certificate so I can get back to work after 3 years.

What frusterates me more is not being able to date. I don't have time to put myself out there. If I did I probably would be ashamed of my children's behavior. I love them but sometimes they make me miserable.

How do I find time for my self when I don't have support from family WHO knows our situation but refuse to help?

View Profile
History
SingleParenthood
Posted : 28 Jun, 2010 04:31 PM

I bet you feel overwhelm with the all of the responsiblities resting upon you.

Well, I am in the same situation as well. What I do is involve my kids in cooking and cleaning so I don't have to do everything by myself (give them chores). From this point have family fun time and then have them play by themselves.

I don't know what kind of behavior problems you are up against but there should be some type of programs that you can get the kids involved in that can help curve it.

One day just sit back and prioritize what is important for your family right now and go from there.

No body said this would be easy but God is always with you.

hisprincess2010

View Profile
History
SingleParenthood
Posted : 7 Jul, 2010 11:17 PM

Hi Living4,

I have been assigning the kids chores lately and asserting myself to them more. I feel things are getting better. Thanks for the encouragement, sometimes it is easy to forget that things won't be easy but I know there is a better day coming my way. I guess it is ok to get angry sometimes but just remember not to give up.

Thanks.:glow:

Page : 1 2