Author Thread: Ethnicity an issue even here??
Admin

Ethnicity an issue even here??
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 01:22 PM

It's rather unfortunate that I should even have to resort to posting a topic such as this but I can't help but wonder if this is a relative issue on cdff. I'd like to know (and please be completely open and honest) if ethnicity/race plays a major part in whether or not you ladies on here give a gent the time of day. The bible says that God is no respect of peesons but it seems on here it's a different story. How much of it is a preference or just a downright unwillingness to date outside of ones race? Just curious.

Lance

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 01:32 PM

Lance, other people have asked this and it is a valid question. For myself - when I first look at a profile (which I have not done here in a long time) I do "see" race and think about it. Once I get talking with someone or meet them, it rarely has affected how I thought or felt about that person. HTH

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 05:06 PM

Hello. I always wonder when ppl ask about race because it seems (sometimes) that they have already made up their mind to pursue a particular ethnic group. I believe you can be a Christian and choose to not date/marry outside your race. With that said, I see a whole bunch of white women with black dudes, so I'm sure you won't have a problem.

View Profile
History
Posted : 25 Jul, 2010 05:23 PM

I think for the most part, it is just preference. Ethnicity/race doesn't matter that much to me. I care more if the girl/woman actually answers my messages, which is rather rare.

radicalman

View Profile
History
Posted : 27 Jul, 2010 07:38 PM

Lance, it goes both ways... as kaynine22 sed, 'just 2 even xpect an answr' is really hard. Most any of another race have not answered me... is it a problem? No less than anyone else who dzn't answer me. I agree w/ 1babygirl... ea. person can choose who they may or may not want 2 date, & not diminish their faithful walk in Christ.

Having spent 6 yrs in the Navy & relying on fellow shipmates for your very life in combat situations & shipboard emergencies, it opens ones eyes 2 the fact that a "team" is your lifeblood; and, we are carry the same color blood!!

The "team" of Christ has become so very 'fractured' in America... wat a shame that race groups have allowed the priveleged few or those in authority 2 continue flaming the fans of racism... even w/in the confines of a 'Temple of the Most High'... is GOD mocked? Dz HE have a preference? You bet!! I'll use the analogy of wen I Umpire a baseball or softball game 4 the kids: I tell the Managers that I play "favorites"... it gets their ears perked up, then I tell them the kids are my favorites!! It lets them kno rite from the start that it's not their game... it's the kids, so let the kids play their best... too bad more folks r not telling others that GOD plays favorites.. HE wants us 2 win, but we allow others 2 put barricades up... it dzn't seem 2 help us 2 pass the test of this "passage" of our journey.

All the best Brother,

rj

Bridgit

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2010 05:36 AM

To me it doesn't matter. I believe it is more a question of preference. Some ladies prefer to date a man who is athletic built, while others prefer a guy who "could lose a few". Others might prefer men with beards while others prefer men who have no facial hair.

I think we should respect people's preferences and not make it a big deal.

Good luck in your search!

mandab37

View Profile
History
Posted : 29 Jul, 2010 12:54 PM

While I myself have no problem with it, I think it has to do with a personal preference thing. That and actually starting a conversation around here seems pretty hard. I am sure I have been bypassed numerous times because of my picture. One look and I am too wild. God created us all equal, and what a person looks like is no indication of what is on the inside.

View Profile
History
Posted : 2 Aug, 2010 09:47 AM

honestly, i am a bit particular about people from my race, i want to meet other races too,,but oops they discriminate me,,and why distance,,perhaps also my colour. The truth christians,,we behave just like they that dont know Christ, i prefer,,so do the rest,,is Christ really in us?

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2010 11:40 AM

Why do we think that becoming a Christian somehow means that we don't have a preference. God is no respecter of persons, true, but God isn't looking on this site for a mate. And since I am, I have preferences. Preferences are a personal matter. Respect them and move on.

If I may, perhaps you may want to change YOUR focus and think less on "why not" and more on "how to", as in finding that right person.

Just my .03 cents.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2010 07:33 PM

Chmjr, you literally took the words from my mouth.

View Profile
History
Posted : 3 Aug, 2010 09:10 PM

Came back and wanted to clarify something. When I said, "move on", that was not meant to sound so, "hostile". But it's a drawback of this medium where we cannot share true face-to-face communication. Additionally, I did not want to imply that I have all the answers, I was merely speaking about MY experiences as they related to your topic.

Why did I come back? I am not defending myself rather, I strive to always speak and behave in a manner that is respectful to both...

Be well.

Page : 1 2