Author Thread: What do you do when you can't forgive?
LovingAP

View Profile
History
What do you do when you can't forgive?
Posted : 7 Aug, 2010 05:22 PM

This has never been an issue for me. When someone has hurt me I gave it over to God and moved on. Why is that now when someone has hurt my child I can't do it? I give it over and then it comes back. I cry, I pray...I am on my knees begging for him to release this anger, this hurt, this guilt.

I am a single parent and my son was having issues in school. So what do I do, I turn to a mentor at the school to help him, guide him. That man turns around and sodomizes my child. My son holds that in for 8 years carrying that pain his confusion. He finally told me last winter when he tells me he thinks he is gay because this man did that to him. He was scared to tell me because he thought I would blame him because the guy told him I would.

This Deacon is walking around free until other boys come out and tell what happen. And I am ANGRY. The police can't do anything.

I look at my son, at this handsome young man and think of all the pain he has gone through for one being so young. His father didn't want him, his step-mom abused him and on top of all his anger he gets abused by someone who is suppose to be his mentor. My son is doing better, therapy has helped. Therapy for me has helped. My new church has been 100% behind us. I have good days and bad days.

It is just you can hurt me all day long but touch my kids and I can't let it go. Why?

nightfarmer

View Profile
History
Posted : 11 Jul, 2011 11:41 AM

from my experiance ive learned when we cant forgive it doesant hurt or punish the person who caused the pain.

IT only hurts our selves because we cant move on because the anger and hurt and betrail never leaves...

i dont know the exact verse ,,but a few things to remember ..

GOD said vengance is mine saith the lord.

and lay your burdens on him and he will carry.

What i have learned is to let GOD deal with the man in his own way his own time after all who would the man fear more us or GOD, and if he has angered GOD i would pitty him just inmagine the vengance or justice GOD might have instore..

its taken years my self to give up the pain the anger of injustice ,but i believe in turning it over to GOD is a way to move on,,if we hold the anger our selves noting is accomplished ,we only waste our own life,,BUT i realise handing it over to JESUS can be a huge relief he will not for get your pain and if theres punishment to be done he s all powerfull ,the judgement he might deal out is greater than anything you or i could ever do,,

so in a way leting go can also be forgivenes because you hand it over TO GOD let him be the judge and get your life back,,:glow:

any way thats been my experiance and i still try to o that its such a releif to let GOD take over the batle so you can live on your life...

rest assure the man will never escape GOD,, but he can escape us ,so let GOD take over and carry that burden and move on with your life ,i promise its like taking a huge wait off your shoulders ,,

i do understand you and pray you both can go on while letting JESUS carry the burden GOD BLESS and my prayer goes out to ou both, sincerely kevin

View Profile
History
Posted : 21 Jul, 2011 05:11 AM

I think as mother's.we are to be the protectors of our children ..and when something happens to them and we feel we let them down...Please remember you did not know and we can't have control of all things..Just remember that God is in control and he seen this horrible act...Revenge is mine saith the lord...With anger from my past I try to remember that God does see all..If it doesn't seem like justice is not served on earth ..I would not want to be in this person's shoes when he has to answer to an ALL MIGHTY GOD!!!!!..Just pray for your son hurt.... Donna

Page : 1 2